Is a Stress Retreat Right for You?
People deal with stress in a variety of ways but not all stress-relief methods are healthy. For some people, they seek stress-relief by going for a run, getting a massage, or having an alcoholic beverage to blow off steam. In terms of running and massage, these are short-term treatments that do not teach a person how to deal with their stress long-term11.N. Schneiderman, G. Ironson and S. D. Siegel, STRESS AND HEALTH: Psychological, Behavioral, and Biological Determinants – PMC, PubMed Central (PMC).; Retrieved September 29, 2022, from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2568977/. Alcohol and drugs are not positive ways to deal with stress and these can lead to addiction problems that may result in long-term health issue.
Individuals seeking to get away from stress and gain some serious alone time to recover are now attending stress retreats to get the help they need. A stress retreat provides a person with the chance to de-stress and recover from burnout. Retreats are the optimal way to re-balance emotional, mental, and physical health.
How does stress impact your life?
Stress causes a variety of health problems and the impact on one’s life can be extreme both mentally, physically, and emotionally.
Stress is responsible for:
- Weight gain
- Bad Skin and adult acne
- Early Death from heart disease
Stress retreats have opened up around the world providing a variety of different wellness options. Treatment seekers can find retreats specializing in Western therapies that aid recuperation and relaxation. There are also stress retreats that provide Eastern holistic treatments that focus on the spirit as the pathway to mental and physical recovery.
Benefits of a Stress Retreat
One of the main selling points of a stress retreat is the education a person gains on how to deal with stress in the future. Being better prepared to cope with stress and anxiety helps an individual long-term and prevents serious episodes to occur in the future.
A retreat can provide a short stay or longer break allowing guests to relax, exercise, and educate themselves on how to live a more stress-free, healthy lifestyle. Programs and stress retreats differ by program but all aim to give the same benefits to guests.
Benefits of attending a stress retreat:
- Diet – Guests can cleanse their bodies of the food they typically eat and gain knowledge of the foods they should dine on in the future.
- Fitness –Retreats provide private training classes and group exercise training sessions allowing guests to get the physical fitness needed to improve health.
- Yoga – Yoga enables guests to cleanse their minds and work their bodies. Yoga moves and poses not only build muscles but can improve digestion and blood flow unlike lifting weights.
- Meditation – Mindfulness and meditation have become popular activities in recent years to help people deal with everyday stress.
- Cooking Classes – Guests learn how to create meals that improve both mental and physical wellbeing.
- Massage – Massage therapy cleanses the muscles of toxins, trigger hormones to combat cortisol, and activate blood flow.
A stress relief retreat may sound like a holiday, but it is far more than the typical spa weekend. Retreats educate, treat, and enable guests to improve and build long-lasting mental health.
What to expect at a luxury stress retreat
According to Remedy Wellbeing™, “a stress retreat is different from traditional rehab in that it’s unlikely to require any form of detox, unless a client has been self-medicating with prescription pharmaceuticals, recreational drugs or higher quantities of alcohol.
A stay at the Remedy Stress Retreat is the most luxurious stress and anxiety clinic on the planet. experience in the World. The Remedy Experience™ will renew your body, reinvigorate your mind and restore your vitality, leaving you energized and ready to perform better than ever before.
Aside from intensive therapy with some of the best clinical psychotherapists in the World, a luxury mental health retreat may include BioChemical Restoration, Ozone Therapy, High Dose IV NAD, Telomere Repair, Non Invasive Rejuvenation, Hyberbaric Oxygen Therapy, DNA & RNA Repair, Clinical Hypnotherapy, Flotation Therapy and spiritual connection.
Some 90% of a body’s ‘feel-good’ hormone, Serotonin is found in the gut lining and luxury stress retreat treatments detoxify the entire body which can reduce or often eliminate stress22.M. Camilleri, Serotonin in the Gastrointestinal Tract – PMC, PubMed Central (PMC).; Retrieved September 29, 2022, from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2694720/. By adapting to advanced and personalized nutritional programs, physical activity and relaxation, biochemical cells are less stressed, more concentrated and more productive.
How does a Stress Retreat Work?
The Worlds leading stress retreat clinics harmoniously blend holistic and person-centered methods. They incorporate a combination of talking therapies, complementary treatments and medical processes to relax and heal both body and mind from the effects of stress and burnout.
Stress retreat treatments are usually tailored specifically to help identify not just the chronic manifestation of stress, but also the triggers of stress and anxiety flare ups.
Previous: Is Burnout a Mental Illness?
Next: PTSD Retreat
- 11.N. Schneiderman, G. Ironson and S. D. Siegel, STRESS AND HEALTH: Psychological, Behavioral, and Biological Determinants – PMC, PubMed Central (PMC).; Retrieved September 29, 2022, from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2568977/
- 22.M. Camilleri, Serotonin in the Gastrointestinal Tract – PMC, PubMed Central (PMC).; Retrieved September 29, 2022, from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2694720/
Alexander Stuart is the CEO of Worlds Best Rehab Magazine™ as well as the creator & pioneer behind Remedy Wellbeing Hotels & Retreats. Under his leadership as CEO, Remedy Wellbeing Hotels™ received the accolade of Overall Winner: International Wellness Hotel of the Year 2022 by International Rehabs. Because of his incredible work, the individual luxury hotel retreats are the world’s first $1 million-plus exclusive wellness centers providing an escape for individuals and families requiring absolute discretion such as Celebrities, Sportspeople, Executives, Royalty, Entrepreneurs and those subject to intense media scrutiny.