Searching for Rehab
- Title: Searching for Rehab
- Author: Matthew Idle
- Editor: Alexander Bentley
- Reviewed: Philippa Gold
- Searching for Rehab: At Worlds Best Rehab, we strive to provide the most up-to-date and accurate information on the web so our readers can make informed decisions about their healthcare. Our subject matter experts specialize in addiction treatment and behavioral healthcare. We follow strict guidelines when fact-checking information and only use credible sources when citing statistics and medical information. Look for the badge on our articles for the most up-to-date and accurate information. If you feel that any of our content is inaccurate or out-of-date, please let us know via our Contact Page
- Disclaimer: The World’s Best Rehab Recovery Blog aims to improve the quality of life for people struggling with addiction and mental health concerns. We use fact-based content and publish material that is researched, cited, edited, and reviewed by professionals. The information we publish is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. It should not be used in place of the advice of your physician or another qualified healthcare provider. In a Medical Emergency contact the Emergency Services Immediately.
- Earnings: If you buy something through our ads or links, we may earn a commission.
- Searching for Rehab © 2022 Worlds Best Rehab Publishing
- Advertise: To advertise on Worlds Best Rehab visit our inquiry page
Top Questions to Ask When Searching for Rehab
If you are searching for an addiction rehab, you may be overwhelmed by all of the options. It is important to select the correct rehab the first time to avoid relapsing.
You may not realize it, but there are rehab programs designed to treat a diverse range of clients. All addictions are unique and thankfully, treatment programs are now uniquely crafted to help treat people as much as possible.
There are a number of questions you should ask when searching for rehab. If you don’t know what to ask before selecting a rehab, you could make the wrong choice for treatment.
Is the rehab Joint Commission Accredited?
By asking about the rehab’s Joint Commission Accreditation, you will learn about its performance and safety-related issues. You need to select a rehab that is safe and secure, and the accreditation will give you some inclination of how safe and secure it is. A rehab that is accredited shows an ongoing commitment to quality care.
How is detox treated?
Not all rehabs offer in-house detox. Some of them provide detox off-site while others give you the chance to do detox under medical supervision. You should find out if the rehab provides medically monitored detox. Detox is often the first stage of rehab and is vital to get right. Detox can be provided as medically assisted with 24-hour supervision.
What programs/treatment are offered?
Your needs for rehab are different to the needs of other clients. Therefore, you need to ensure the programs provided by the rehab aligns with your desire. Undergoing a professional assessment is the first step to getting you on the right program. You should ask if the rehab do an on-site neuro-psych test. This will detect whether there are underlying mental health issues that contribute to your addiction. Not all programs treat underlying mental health issues. If they are not detected and treated, you will continue to suffer from your issues.
What activities are offered?
One of the great aspects of luxury rehabs are the additional activities. Activities enable you to improve your mental physical state, in addition to the therapy program you are undergoing. Activities may include hiking, sports, working out, and much more. All of the activities are designed to help you improve your various areas of our mental and physical health.
What clinical therapy is offered?
A rehab with a wide range of therapy programs provides you with different tools to get better. The tools provided by rehab can address the underlying issues that are present that contributed to your addiction. Tools include Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT), EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) and more.
What is the staff like?
A rehab’s staff needs to be capable of working with all types of clients. Rehabs need to understand a client’s mental health and substance abuse problems. Most high-quality rehabs provide staff with high-levels of education and experience. These allow the staff members to provide treatment to improve your chances of long-term sobriety.
Helpful Articles for Choosing a Rehab
How to Choose the Right Rehab
What is the cost of going to Rehab?
Choosing a Teenage Rehab
What to Expect Once You’ve Chosen a Rehab
Privacy at Rehab
Should I Choose a Luxury Rehab?
Choosing an LGBTQ+ Rehab
How long should I go to rehab for?
Pros and Cons of Choosing Local Rehab
Choose one of the Worlds Best Rehabs
Previous: Learn About Privacy at Rehab
Next: How Long is Rehab
Alexander Bentley is the CEO of Worlds Best Rehab Magazine™ as well as the creator & pioneer behind Remedy Wellbeing Hotels & Retreats and Tripnotherapy™, embracing ‘NextGen’ psychedelic bio-pharmaceuticals to treat burnout, addiction, depression, anxiety and psychological unease.
Under his leadership as CEO, Remedy Wellbeing Hotels™ received the accolade of Overall Winner: International Wellness Hotel of the Year 2022 by International Rehabs. Because of his incredible work, the individual luxury hotel retreats are the world’s first $1 million-plus exclusive wellness centers providing an escape for individuals and families requiring absolute discretion such as Celebrities, Sportspeople, Executives, Royalty, Entrepreneurs and those subject to intense media scrutiny.