Neurofeedback Therapy Sugar Land, Texas
Neurofeedback Therapy in Sugar Land, Texas
- Title: Neurofeedback Therapy in Sugar Land, Texas
- Authored by Philippa Gold
- Edited by Hugh Soames
- Reviewed by Matthew Idle
- Neurofeedback Therapy Sugar Land, Texas: We strive to provide the most up-to-date and accurate medical information on the web so our readers can make informed decisions about their healthcare. Our subject matter experts specialize in addiction treatment and behavioral healthcare. We follow strict guidelines when fact-checking information and only use credible sources when citing statistics and medical information. Look for the badge on our articles for the most up-to-date and accurate information. If you feel that any of our content is inaccurate or out-of-date, please let us know via our Contact Page
- Must Read Disclaimer: We use fact-based content and publish material that is researched, cited, edited and reviewed by professionals. The information we publish is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. It should not be used in place of the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider. In a Medical Emergency contact the Emergency Services Immediately.
- Earnings: If you buy something through our ads or external links, we may earn a commission.
Betterhelp Therapy - Connect With a Licensed Therapist Now & Get 20% Off
BetterHelp is one of the most well-known online therapy providers in the World. You may have heard of BetterHelp’s advertisements in Sugar Land, Texas on podcasts, radio, or read about it online. According to the latest statistics provided by Betterhelp, the online therapy provider has nearly 2 million customers worldwide. Its client-base makes Better Help the world’s largest online therapy provider and a very popular choice.
Better Help ticks a lot of boxes for individuals seeking counseling and therapy to restore the right balance in their lives. All too often we fail to live our best life to our full potential because of things like drinking too much alcohol too regularly, sadness, grief, stress and burnout. The Betterhelp platform allows users to connect with therapists that can help with a variety of wellbeing concerns.
Specializations | Burnout, Anxiety, Depression, Stress, Anger Management, Alcohol, Dependencies, Grief, Seasonal Depressive Disorder, Life Crisis, Smoking Cessation (among others)
Betterhelp Cost | The standard fee for BetterHelp therapy is only $65 to $90 per week
Key Takeaways |
- Largest online therapy platform
- Low cost
- Live video
- Phone calls
- Live chat
- No lock in contracts
- Cancel anytime
- Licensed and accredited therapists
Discounts Available | We have negotiated a generous 20% discount for readers of our website. Press Here to get 20% Off
Neurofeedback Therapy Sugar Land, Texas
Neurofeedback therapy in Sugar Land, Texas is a non-invasive process by which mental health practitioners in Sugar Land, Texas measure a patient’s brain waves and assess how different tasks can improve their efficacy. The basis of this approach is the belief that changing the state of your brain can change your behavior.
After being extensively trialled in Sugar Land, Texas over the past few years, Neurofeedback Therapy is fast becoming the go to treatment for those in the Sugar Land, Texas area suffering from depression, anxiety, ADHD, neurosis, addiction and autism. It can be used to also in the process of managing withdrawal symptoms and some 12 step based rehabs offer neurofeedback therapy.
When you first go for a neurofeedback therapy session in Sugar Land, Texas, your health practitioner will attach electrodes to your head and map out your default brain activity. Then as tasks are assigned, they will track how they alter the previously mapped activity. This information will then be used to condition your brain to function more optimally.
Not only is neurofeedback therapy in Sugar Land, Texas painless and drug-free, but it can also be used to treat a variety of conditions like anxiety, ADHD, and depression. The different types of neurofeedback therapy used in Sugar Land, Texas for these conditions include:
- Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging (fMRI) – this is the most research-based method in Sugar Land, Texas
- Low-Resolution Electromagnetic Tomography (LORE-TA) – it’s known for revealing a lot of information about how the brains of addicts work and the science of addiction in Sugar Land, Texas
- Live Z-score Neurofeedback – it is most commonly used on people with insomnia and in local sleep clinics
- Hemoencephalographic (HEG) Neurofeedback – it is particularly used to help people in Sugar Land, Texas with recurrent migraines as it provides information about the brain’s blood flow
- Slow Cortical Potential Neurofeedback (SCP-NF) – it is commonly used to help people in Sugar Land, Texas with ADHD or epilepsy
- Frequency/Power Neurofeedback – it’s the most common and simple method used in Sugar Land, Texas
- Low-Energy Neurofeedback System (LENS) – this method does not require the patient to make any conscious effort
Neurofeedback Therapy Sugar Land, Texas for Depression
Research into depression shows that it usually occurs when there is an imbalance between the amount of activity in your brain’s left and right frontal lobe1https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/depression. While those with a more active left side seem to be upbeat, those with a more active right side are often sad and melancholic.
As such, in a bid to cure depression, therapists in Sugar Land, Texas can use neurofeedback therapy to train your left frontal lobe to be more active. They will ensure our brain gets positive feedback each time your left frontal lobe is activated, encouraging your brain to activate it frequently. This can in turn alleviate the symptoms of depression. Neurofeedback therapy for depression is now a routine treatment in the wider Sugar Land, Texas area.
Several studies have been done to test the efficacy of this approach, either as a stand-alone treatment or in combination with other approaches. One study even shows that 45% of people suffering from severe depression exhibited normal brain activity after 30 neurofeedback therapy sessions and heart rate variability training.
Another study showed improvement in 5 out of 9 participants subjected to neurofeedback therapy as a treatment for depression. While one person recorded a positive response, four went into full remission. Local therapists in Sugar Land, Texas are reporting similar success rates.
Neurofeedback therapy in Sugar Land, Texas for anxiety
People in Sugar Land, Texas with anxiety usually have repetitive negative thoughts that make them nervous and afraid. And the more they have these thoughts, the more their brain gets locked in a state of hypersensitivity. It becomes a never-ending hole that is hard to come out of. To return the brain to balance, mental health practitioners in Sugar Land, Texas can use neurofeedback therapy to train your brain to regulate itself during situations that would normally trigger anxiety.
Neurofeedback therapy for ADHD in Sugar Land, Texas
Normally, when we’re working on a task, brain activity increases, allowing us to concentrate. But for people in Sugar Land, Texas with ADHD, the opposite commonly happens – their brains slow down, making it harder for them to concentrate. This is usually because most of their brains have low concentrations of high-frequency beta waves and high concentrations of low-frequency theta or delta waves.
And while a combination of behavioral therapy and psychostimulants is usually the traditional approach to treating ADHD, this approach comes with some downsides. For instance, some patients have complained about a reduction in appetite and eventually weight loss upon starting medication.
As such, some mental health practitioners in Sugar Land, Texas are turning to neurofeedback therapy to improve the brain’s capacity for beta waves and alleviate ADHD symptoms. These waves help us process information and solve problems. On the other hand, high concentrations of theta waves lead to disorganization, difficulties in completing tasks, and high distractability.
It is unsurprising several studies reported a significant improvement when neurofeedback therapy was included as part of an overall ADHD treatment plan.
Neurofeedback therapy for autism in Sugar Land, Texas
Autism is a disorder that is characterized by difficulties with speech, communication, socializing, and repetitive behavior. The severity of the condition varies from person to person. As such, there is no one-size-fits-all treatment for this condition – each patient needs a tailor-made approach.
And while most patients with autism in Sugar Land, Texas rely on traditional forms of treatment like medication, cognitive behavior therapy, and speech-language therapy, some have turned to neurofeedback therapy. But there aren’t many studies on the efficacy of neurofeedback therapy against autism. In fact, some of the supporters of this course of treatment base their belief on research on its efficacy against ADHD.
Neurofeedback Therapy Sugar Land, Texas
Are there any side effects to Neurofeedback Therapy in Sugar Land, Texas?
While neurofeedback therapy in Sugar Land, Texas is painless and non-invasive, it does have some side effects. These may include:
- Cognitive impairment
- Vocal changes
- Brain fog
- Dizziness and fatigue
- Head pressure
- Muscle tension
- Worsening of symptoms
Neurofeedback therapy isn’t right for everyone so do check with your local team in Sugar Land, Texas and of course consult your Doctor or Physician.
All types of Rehab and Treatment in Sugar Land, Texas
Eating Disorder Treatment Centers in Sugar Land, Texas
Sugar Land, Texas Wellness Centers
Sugar Land, Texas Telehealth
Mental Health Retreats in Sugar Land, Texas
Online Rehab in Sugar Land, Texas
Depression Treatment Centers in Sugar Land, Texas
Cost of Rehab in Sugar Land, Texas
Suboxone Clinics in Sugar Land, Texas
Anxiety Treatment Centers in Sugar Land, Texas
Top Psychiatrists in Sugar Land, Texas
Christian Rehab Centers in Sugar Land, Texas
Drug Rehabs in Sugar Land, Texas
Teen Rehab in Sugar Land, Texas
Therapeutic Boarding Schools in Sugar Land, Texas
Rehabilitation Centers Near Sugar Land, Texas
All Rehabs in Sugar Land, Texas
Rehabs in Sugar Land, Texas
Find the Best Rehabs all over the World
Worlds Best Rehab
Find an Neurofeedback Therapist in Sugar Land, Texas
|Business Name||Rating||Categories||Phone Number||Address|
|Sugar Land Counseling Center||Counseling & Mental Health, Shared Office Spaces||+18328763232||16400 Kensington Dr, Sugar Land, TX 77479|
|Michelle Shahbazyan, MS, MA||Counseling & Mental Health, Life Coach, College Counseling||+18186416127||5373 W Alabama St, Ste 400, Houston, TX 77056|
|I Need Peace||Counseling & Mental Health||+12814075456||2245 Texas Dr, Ste 300, Sugar Land, TX 77479|
|Leanne Peterson||Counseling & Mental Health, Hypnosis/Hypnotherapy, Life Coach||+17133520600||2412 Woodhead St, Studio B, Houston, TX 77006|
|Authentic Relational Counseling||Counseling & Mental Health||+12816903456||10707 Corporate Dr, Ste 203, Stafford, TX 77477|
|Roger Vazquez||Counseling & Mental Health||+12812778811||402 Julie Rivers Dr, Sugar Land, TX 77478|
|Jamie Leonard, MEd LPC-S||Counseling & Mental Health||+17134100926||Houston, TX 77007|
|Feelings Counseling & Coaching Services||Counseling & Mental Health, Hypnosis/Hypnotherapy, Yoga||+18325492067||2277 Plaza Dr, Ste 250, Sugar Land, TX 77479|
|Katy Psychological Services||Psychologists||+18329138747||24546 Kingsland Blvd, Katy, TX 77494|
|Amoroso Rosemary, MA, LPC, LMFT||Counseling & Mental Health||+12812656006||56 Sugar Creek Center Blvd, Ste 350, Sugar Land, TX 77478|
|The Transformation Studio||Counseling & Mental Health, Nutritionists, Naturopathic/Holistic||+12812407102||4501 Cartwright Rd, Ste 505, Missouri City, TX 77459|
|Sugar Land Neuropsychology||Psychologists||+17139005557||52 Sugar Creek Center Blvd, Ste 300, Sugar Land, TX 77063|
|West Houston Counseling Center||Counseling & Mental Health||+12819408515||633 E Fernhurst Dr, Ste 1102, Katy, TX 77450|
|Nadia Siddiqui,MS,LPC||Counseling & Mental Health||+18327992657||2245 Texas Dr, Ste 300, Sugar Land, TX 77479|
|The Relationship Firm||Life Coach, Counseling & Mental Health||+17136780052||9545 Katy Fwy, Houston, TX 77024|
|Shana Clark, MA, LPC||Counseling & Mental Health||+17136277070||2400 Augusta Dr, Ste 370, Houston, TX 77057|
|Mercie Health||Counseling & Mental Health||+18324493500||1601 Liberty St, Ste B, Richmond, TX 77469|
|Houston Relationship Therapy-Dr. Viviana Coles & Associates-Katy||Sex Therapists||+18009139613||25310 Roesner Ln, Katy, TX 77494|
|Ms. Erica Bruce||Counseling & Mental Health||+12817788715||5777 Sienna Pkwy, Ste 350, Missouri City, TX 77459|
|Katy Psychiatry||Psychiatrists, Psychologists||+12815993313||24215 Kingsland Blvd, Katy, TX 77494|
Sugar Land is the largest city in Fort Bend County, Texas, United States, located in the southwestern part of the Houston–The Woodlands–Sugar Land metropolitan area. Located about 19 miles (31 km) southwest of downtown Houston, Sugar Land is a populous suburban municipality centered around the junction of Texas State Highway 6 and Interstate 69/U.S. Route 59.
Beginning in the 19th century, the present-day Sugar Land area was home to a large sugar plantation situated in the fertile floodplain of the Brazos River. Following the consolidation of local plantations into Imperial Sugar Company in 1908, Sugar Land grew steadily as a company town and incorporated as a city in 1959. Since then, Sugar Land has grown rapidly alongside other edge cities around Houston, with large-scale development of master-planned communities contributing to population swells since the 1980s.
Sugar Land is one of the most affluent and fastest-growing cities in Texas. Its population increased more than 158% between 1990 and 2000. Between 2000 and 2007, Sugar Land also had a 46% increase in jobs. As of the 2010 census, the city’s population was 78,817. Following the annexation of the Greatwood and New Territory communities in December 2017, the city’s population was estimated at 118,488 as of 2019.
Sugar Land is home to the headquarters of Imperial Sugar; the company’s main sugar refinery and distribution center were once located in the city. The Imperial Sugar crown logo is featured in the city seal and logo.
References and Citations: Neurofeedback Therapy Sugar Land, Texas
- Angelakis E., Stathopoulou S., Frymiare J. L., Green D. L., Lubar J. F., Kounios J. ( 2007). EEG neurofeedback: a brief overview and an example of peak alpha frequency training for cognitive enhancement in the elderly. Clinical Neuropsychologist, 21( 1), 110– 129. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Beatty J., Greenberg A., Deibler W. P., O’Hanlon J. F. ( 1974). Operant control of occipital theta rhythm affects performance in a radar monitoring task. Science, 183( 4127), 871– 873. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Collura T. F., Guan J., Tarrant J., Bailey J., Starr F. ( 2010). EEG biofeedback case studies using live Z-score training and a normative database. Journal of Neurotherapy, 14( 1), 22– 46. [Google Scholar]
- Escolano C., Olivan B., Lopez-del-Hoyo Y., Garcia-Campayo J., Minguez J. ( 2012). Double-blind single-session neuro-feedback training in upper-alpha for cognitive enhancement of healthy subjects. Conference Proceedings of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, 2012, 4643–4647. doi: 10.1109/EMBC.2012.6347002. [Google Scholar]