Neurofeedback Therapy Round Rock, Texas
Neurofeedback Therapy in Round Rock, Texas
- Title: Neurofeedback Therapy in Round Rock, Texas
- Authored by Philippa Gold
- Edited by Hugh Soames
- Reviewed by Matthew Idle
- Neurofeedback Therapy Round Rock, Texas: We strive to provide the most up-to-date and accurate medical information on the web so our readers can make informed decisions about their healthcare. Our subject matter experts specialize in addiction treatment and behavioral healthcare. We follow strict guidelines when fact-checking information and only use credible sources when citing statistics and medical information. Look for the badge on our articles for the most up-to-date and accurate information. If you feel that any of our content is inaccurate or out-of-date, please let us know via our Contact Page
- Must Read Disclaimer: We use fact-based content and publish material that is researched, cited, edited and reviewed by professionals. The information we publish is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. It should not be used in place of the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider. In a Medical Emergency contact the Emergency Services Immediately.
- Earnings: If you buy something through our ads or external links, we may earn a commission.
Betterhelp Therapy - Connect With a Licensed Therapist Now & Get 20% Off
BetterHelp is one of the most well-known online therapy providers in the World. You may have heard of BetterHelp’s advertisements in Round Rock, Texas on podcasts, radio, or read about it online. According to the latest statistics provided by Betterhelp, the online therapy provider has nearly 2 million customers worldwide. Its client-base makes Better Help the world’s largest online therapy provider and a very popular choice.
Better Help ticks a lot of boxes for individuals seeking counseling and therapy to restore the right balance in their lives. All too often we fail to live our best life to our full potential because of things like drinking too much alcohol too regularly, sadness, grief, stress and burnout. The Betterhelp platform allows users to connect with therapists that can help with a variety of wellbeing concerns.
Specializations | Burnout, Anxiety, Depression, Stress, Anger Management, Alcohol, Dependencies, Grief, Seasonal Depressive Disorder, Life Crisis, Smoking Cessation (among others)
Betterhelp Cost | The standard fee for BetterHelp therapy is only $65 to $90 per week
Key Takeaways |
- Largest online therapy platform
- Low cost
- Live video
- Phone calls
- Live chat
- No lock in contracts
- Cancel anytime
- Licensed and accredited therapists
Discounts Available | We have negotiated a generous 20% discount for readers of our website. Press Here to get 20% Off
Neurofeedback Therapy Round Rock, Texas
Neurofeedback therapy in Round Rock, Texas is a non-invasive process by which mental health practitioners in Round Rock, Texas measure a patient’s brain waves and assess how different tasks can improve their efficacy. The basis of this approach is the belief that changing the state of your brain can change your behavior.
After being extensively trialled in Round Rock, Texas over the past few years, Neurofeedback Therapy is fast becoming the go to treatment for those in the Round Rock, Texas area suffering from depression, anxiety, ADHD, neurosis, addiction and autism. It can be used to also in the process of managing withdrawal symptoms and some 12 step based rehabs offer neurofeedback therapy.
When you first go for a neurofeedback therapy session in Round Rock, Texas, your health practitioner will attach electrodes to your head and map out your default brain activity. Then as tasks are assigned, they will track how they alter the previously mapped activity. This information will then be used to condition your brain to function more optimally.
Not only is neurofeedback therapy in Round Rock, Texas painless and drug-free, but it can also be used to treat a variety of conditions like anxiety, ADHD, and depression. The different types of neurofeedback therapy used in Round Rock, Texas for these conditions include:
- Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging (fMRI) – this is the most research-based method in Round Rock, Texas
- Low-Resolution Electromagnetic Tomography (LORE-TA) – it’s known for revealing a lot of information about how the brains of addicts work and the science of addiction in Round Rock, Texas
- Live Z-score Neurofeedback – it is most commonly used on people with insomnia and in local sleep clinics
- Hemoencephalographic (HEG) Neurofeedback – it is particularly used to help people in Round Rock, Texas with recurrent migraines as it provides information about the brain’s blood flow
- Slow Cortical Potential Neurofeedback (SCP-NF) – it is commonly used to help people in Round Rock, Texas with ADHD or epilepsy
- Frequency/Power Neurofeedback – it’s the most common and simple method used in Round Rock, Texas
- Low-Energy Neurofeedback System (LENS) – this method does not require the patient to make any conscious effort
Neurofeedback Therapy Round Rock, Texas for Depression
Research into depression shows that it usually occurs when there is an imbalance between the amount of activity in your brain’s left and right frontal lobe1https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/depression. While those with a more active left side seem to be upbeat, those with a more active right side are often sad and melancholic.
As such, in a bid to cure depression, therapists in Round Rock, Texas can use neurofeedback therapy to train your left frontal lobe to be more active. They will ensure our brain gets positive feedback each time your left frontal lobe is activated, encouraging your brain to activate it frequently. This can in turn alleviate the symptoms of depression. Neurofeedback therapy for depression is now a routine treatment in the wider Round Rock, Texas area.
Several studies have been done to test the efficacy of this approach, either as a stand-alone treatment or in combination with other approaches. One study even shows that 45% of people suffering from severe depression exhibited normal brain activity after 30 neurofeedback therapy sessions and heart rate variability training.
Another study showed improvement in 5 out of 9 participants subjected to neurofeedback therapy as a treatment for depression. While one person recorded a positive response, four went into full remission. Local therapists in Round Rock, Texas are reporting similar success rates.
Neurofeedback therapy in Round Rock, Texas for anxiety
People in Round Rock, Texas with anxiety usually have repetitive negative thoughts that make them nervous and afraid. And the more they have these thoughts, the more their brain gets locked in a state of hypersensitivity. It becomes a never-ending hole that is hard to come out of. To return the brain to balance, mental health practitioners in Round Rock, Texas can use neurofeedback therapy to train your brain to regulate itself during situations that would normally trigger anxiety.
Neurofeedback therapy for ADHD in Round Rock, Texas
Normally, when we’re working on a task, brain activity increases, allowing us to concentrate. But for people in Round Rock, Texas with ADHD, the opposite commonly happens – their brains slow down, making it harder for them to concentrate. This is usually because most of their brains have low concentrations of high-frequency beta waves and high concentrations of low-frequency theta or delta waves.
And while a combination of behavioral therapy and psychostimulants is usually the traditional approach to treating ADHD, this approach comes with some downsides. For instance, some patients have complained about a reduction in appetite and eventually weight loss upon starting medication.
As such, some mental health practitioners in Round Rock, Texas are turning to neurofeedback therapy to improve the brain’s capacity for beta waves and alleviate ADHD symptoms. These waves help us process information and solve problems. On the other hand, high concentrations of theta waves lead to disorganization, difficulties in completing tasks, and high distractability.
It is unsurprising several studies reported a significant improvement when neurofeedback therapy was included as part of an overall ADHD treatment plan.
Neurofeedback therapy for autism in Round Rock, Texas
Autism is a disorder that is characterized by difficulties with speech, communication, socializing, and repetitive behavior. The severity of the condition varies from person to person. As such, there is no one-size-fits-all treatment for this condition – each patient needs a tailor-made approach.
And while most patients with autism in Round Rock, Texas rely on traditional forms of treatment like medication, cognitive behavior therapy, and speech-language therapy, some have turned to neurofeedback therapy. But there aren’t many studies on the efficacy of neurofeedback therapy against autism. In fact, some of the supporters of this course of treatment base their belief on research on its efficacy against ADHD.
Neurofeedback Therapy Round Rock, Texas
Are there any side effects to Neurofeedback Therapy in Round Rock, Texas?
While neurofeedback therapy in Round Rock, Texas is painless and non-invasive, it does have some side effects. These may include:
- Cognitive impairment
- Vocal changes
- Brain fog
- Dizziness and fatigue
- Head pressure
- Muscle tension
- Worsening of symptoms
Neurofeedback therapy isn’t right for everyone so do check with your local team in Round Rock, Texas and of course consult your Doctor or Physician.
All types of Rehab and Treatment in Round Rock, Texas
Eating Disorder Treatment Centers in Round Rock, Texas
Round Rock, Texas Wellness Centers
Round Rock, Texas Telehealth
Mental Health Retreats in Round Rock, Texas
Online Rehab in Round Rock, Texas
Depression Treatment Centers in Round Rock, Texas
Cost of Rehab in Round Rock, Texas
Suboxone Clinics in Round Rock, Texas
Anxiety Treatment Centers in Round Rock, Texas
Top Psychiatrists in Round Rock, Texas
Christian Rehab Centers in Round Rock, Texas
Drug Rehabs in Round Rock, Texas
Teen Rehab in Round Rock, Texas
Therapeutic Boarding Schools in Round Rock, Texas
Rehabilitation Centers Near Round Rock, Texas
All Rehabs in Round Rock, Texas
Rehabs in Round Rock, Texas
Find the Best Rehabs all over the World
Worlds Best Rehab
Find an Neurofeedback Therapist in Round Rock, Texas
|Business Name||Rating||Categories||Phone Number||Address|
|A Space Of Grace Counseling||Counseling & Mental Health||+15122569236||203 E Main St, Ste 206, Round Rock, TX 78664|
|Jennifer Lee Counseling PLLC||Counseling & Mental Health, Behavior Analysts||1311 Chisholm Trl, Round Rock, TX 78681|
|Julie D Lee, LCSW||Counseling & Mental Health||+15127169946||4131 Spicewood Springs Rd, Ste L-4, Austin, TX 78759|
|Cornerstone Counseling of Georgetown||Counseling & Mental Health||+15129255110||3613 Williams Dr, ste 1006, Georgetown, TX 78628|
|Thriveworks Counseling||Counseling & Mental Health||+15128620687||1101 Satellite View, Ste 603, Round Rock, TX 78665|
|Gibson Counseling – Round Rock South||Counseling & Mental Health||+15126337839||2201 Double Creek Dr, Unit 1003, Round Rock, TX 78664|
|Anita Lane, CPC||Life Coach, Counseling & Mental Health, Business Consulting||+15126322960||2525 Wallingwood Dr, Ste 1500 , Bldg – 15, Austin, TX 78746|
|Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry – Cedar Park||Psychologists||+15128425168||345 Cypress Creek Rd, Ste 102, Cedar Park, TX 78613|
|Bloom Therapy||Counseling & Mental Health||+15127107645||1205 & 1206 W 43rd St, Austin, TX 78756|
|Life Coach Round Rock||Life Coach, Counseling & Mental Health||+15128432656||1000 Heritage Center Cir, Ste 158, Round Rock, TX 78664|
|360 Mind Body Connections||Counseling & Mental Health, Trainers||+15127740916||600 Round Rock W, Ste 402, Round Rock, TX 78681|
|Just Mind Counseling||Counseling & Mental Health||+15128437665||4807 Spicewood Springs Rd, Bldg 1, Ste 1140, Austin, TX 78759|
|Zen Hart Counseling & Consulting||Counseling & Mental Health, Life Coach||+15123681715||101 W Cooperative Way, Ste 238, Georgetown, TX 78626|
|Nurture Family Counseling||Counseling & Mental Health, Parenting Classes||+15127745779||201 S Lakeline Blvd, Ste 604, Cedar Park, TX 78613|
|Thriveworks – Georgetown||Counseling & Mental Health||+15124004069||1911 N Austin Ave, Ste 302, Georgetown, TX 78626|
|Rochelle Hall-Schwarz Ph. D., P.C.||Counseling & Mental Health||+15129485220||1006 S Rock St, Ste 104, Georgetown, TX 78626|
|Melissa Counseling & Coaching||Life Coach, Counseling & Mental Health, Career Counseling||+15123810833||1100 Round Rock Ave, Ste 107-A, Round Rock, TX 78681|
|Cohen Elizabeth, JD LCSW||Counseling & Mental Health||+15122172873||9501 N Capital Of Texas Hwy, Ste 105, Austin, TX 78759|
|Yvonne Self||Counseling & Mental Health, Hypnosis/Hypnotherapy||+15123008557||Austin, TX 78733|
|Vicki Ray, MBA, MA, LPC||Psychologists||+15126636368||1970 Rawhide Dr, Ste 214, Round Rock, TX 78681|
Round Rock is a city in the U.S. state of Texas, in Williamson County (with a small part in Travis County), which is a part of the Greater Austin metropolitan area. Its population is 119,468 as of the 2020 census.
The city straddles the Balcones Escarpment, a fault line in which the areas roughly east of Interstate 35 are flat and characterized by having black, fertile soils of the Blackland Prairie, and the west side of the Escarpment, which consists mostly of hilly, karst-like terrain with little topsoil and higher elevations and which is part of the Texas Hill Country. Located about 20 miles (32 km) north of downtown Austin, Round Rock shares a common border with Austin at Texas State Highway 45.
In August 2008, Money named Round Rock as the seventh-best American small city in which to live. Round Rock was the only Texas city to make the Top 10. In a CNN article dated July 1, 2009, Round Rock was listed as the second-fastest-growing city in the country, with a population growth of 8.2% in the preceding year.
According to the 2008 ratings from the Texas Education Agency, the Round Rock Independent School District ranks among the best in the state. Of 42 schools within it, 12 were rated exemplary and 11 were recognized.
Round Rock is perhaps best known as the international headquarters of Dell Technologies, which employs about 16,000 people at its Round Rock facilities. The presence of Dell along with other major employers, an economic development program, major retailers such as IKEA, a Premium Outlet Mall, and the mixed-use La Frontera center, have changed Round Rock from a sleepy bedroom community into its own self-contained “super suburb”.
References and Citations: Neurofeedback Therapy Round Rock, Texas
- Angelakis E., Stathopoulou S., Frymiare J. L., Green D. L., Lubar J. F., Kounios J. ( 2007). EEG neurofeedback: a brief overview and an example of peak alpha frequency training for cognitive enhancement in the elderly. Clinical Neuropsychologist, 21( 1), 110– 129. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Beatty J., Greenberg A., Deibler W. P., O’Hanlon J. F. ( 1974). Operant control of occipital theta rhythm affects performance in a radar monitoring task. Science, 183( 4127), 871– 873. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Collura T. F., Guan J., Tarrant J., Bailey J., Starr F. ( 2010). EEG biofeedback case studies using live Z-score training and a normative database. Journal of Neurotherapy, 14( 1), 22– 46. [Google Scholar]
- Escolano C., Olivan B., Lopez-del-Hoyo Y., Garcia-Campayo J., Minguez J. ( 2012). Double-blind single-session neuro-feedback training in upper-alpha for cognitive enhancement of healthy subjects. Conference Proceedings of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, 2012, 4643–4647. doi: 10.1109/EMBC.2012.6347002. [Google Scholar]