Neurofeedback Therapy Pompano Beach, Florida
Neurofeedback Therapy in Pompano Beach, Florida
- Title: Neurofeedback Therapy in Pompano Beach, Florida
- Authored by Philippa Gold
- Edited by Hugh Soames
- Reviewed by Matthew Idle
- Neurofeedback Therapy Pompano Beach, Florida: We strive to provide the most up-to-date and accurate medical information on the web so our readers can make informed decisions about their healthcare. Our subject matter experts specialize in addiction treatment and behavioral healthcare. We follow strict guidelines when fact-checking information and only use credible sources when citing statistics and medical information. Look for the badge on our articles for the most up-to-date and accurate information. If you feel that any of our content is inaccurate or out-of-date, please let us know via our Contact Page
- Must Read Disclaimer: We use fact-based content and publish material that is researched, cited, edited and reviewed by professionals. The information we publish is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. It should not be used in place of the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider. In a Medical Emergency contact the Emergency Services Immediately.
- Earnings: If you buy something through our ads or external links, we may earn a commission.
BetterHelp is one of the most well-known online therapy providers in the World. You may have heard of BetterHelp’s advertisements in Pompano Beach, Florida on podcasts, radio, or read about it online. According to the latest statistics provided by Betterhelp, the online therapy provider has nearly 2 million customers worldwide. Its client-base makes Better Help the world’s largest online therapy provider and a very popular choice.
Better Help ticks a lot of boxes for individuals seeking counseling and therapy to restore the right balance in their lives. All too often we fail to live our best life to our full potential because of things like drinking too much alcohol too regularly, sadness, grief, stress and burnout. The Betterhelp platform allows users to connect with therapists that can help with a variety of wellbeing concerns.
Specializations | Burnout, Anxiety, Depression, Stress, Anger Management, Alcohol, Dependencies, Grief, Seasonal Depressive Disorder, Life Crisis, Smoking Cessation (among others)
Betterhelp Cost | The standard fee for BetterHelp therapy is only $65 to $90 per week
Key Takeaways |
- Largest online therapy platform
- Low cost
- Live video
- Phone calls
- Live chat
- No lock in contracts
- Cancel anytime
- Licensed and accredited therapists
Discounts Available | We have negotiated a generous 20% discount for readers of our website. Press Here to get 20% Off
Neurofeedback Therapy Pompano Beach, Florida
Neurofeedback therapy in Pompano Beach, Florida is a non-invasive process by which mental health practitioners in Pompano Beach, Florida measure a patient’s brain waves and assess how different tasks can improve their efficacy. The basis of this approach is the belief that changing the state of your brain can change your behavior.
After being extensively trialled in Pompano Beach, Florida over the past few years, Neurofeedback Therapy is fast becoming the go to treatment for those in the Pompano Beach, Florida area suffering from depression, anxiety, ADHD, neurosis, addiction and autism. It can be used to also in the process of managing withdrawal symptoms and some 12 step based rehabs offer neurofeedback therapy.
When you first go for a neurofeedback therapy session in Pompano Beach, Florida, your health practitioner will attach electrodes to your head and map out your default brain activity. Then as tasks are assigned, they will track how they alter the previously mapped activity. This information will then be used to condition your brain to function more optimally.
Not only is neurofeedback therapy in Pompano Beach, Florida painless and drug-free, but it can also be used to treat a variety of conditions like anxiety, ADHD, and depression. The different types of neurofeedback therapy used in Pompano Beach, Florida for these conditions include:
- Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging (fMRI) – this is the most research-based method in Pompano Beach, Florida
- Low-Resolution Electromagnetic Tomography (LORE-TA) – it’s known for revealing a lot of information about how the brains of addicts work and the science of addiction in Pompano Beach, Florida
- Live Z-score Neurofeedback – it is most commonly used on people with insomnia and in local sleep clinics
- Hemoencephalographic (HEG) Neurofeedback – it is particularly used to help people in Pompano Beach, Florida with recurrent migraines as it provides information about the brain’s blood flow
- Slow Cortical Potential Neurofeedback (SCP-NF) – it is commonly used to help people in Pompano Beach, Florida with ADHD or epilepsy
- Frequency/Power Neurofeedback – it’s the most common and simple method used in Pompano Beach, Florida
- Low-Energy Neurofeedback System (LENS) – this method does not require the patient to make any conscious effort
Neurofeedback Therapy Pompano Beach, Florida for Depression
Research into depression shows that it usually occurs when there is an imbalance between the amount of activity in your brain’s left and right frontal lobe1https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/depression. While those with a more active left side seem to be upbeat, those with a more active right side are often sad and melancholic.
As such, in a bid to cure depression, therapists in Pompano Beach, Florida can use neurofeedback therapy to train your left frontal lobe to be more active. They will ensure our brain gets positive feedback each time your left frontal lobe is activated, encouraging your brain to activate it frequently. This can in turn alleviate the symptoms of depression. Neurofeedback therapy for depression is now a routine treatment in the wider Pompano Beach, Florida area.
Several studies have been done to test the efficacy of this approach, either as a stand-alone treatment or in combination with other approaches. One study even shows that 45% of people suffering from severe depression exhibited normal brain activity after 30 neurofeedback therapy sessions and heart rate variability training.
Another study showed improvement in 5 out of 9 participants subjected to neurofeedback therapy as a treatment for depression. While one person recorded a positive response, four went into full remission. Local therapists in Pompano Beach, Florida are reporting similar success rates.
Neurofeedback therapy in Pompano Beach, Florida for anxiety
People in Pompano Beach, Florida with anxiety usually have repetitive negative thoughts that make them nervous and afraid. And the more they have these thoughts, the more their brain gets locked in a state of hypersensitivity. It becomes a never-ending hole that is hard to come out of. To return the brain to balance, mental health practitioners in Pompano Beach, Florida can use neurofeedback therapy to train your brain to regulate itself during situations that would normally trigger anxiety.
Neurofeedback therapy for ADHD in Pompano Beach, Florida
Normally, when we’re working on a task, brain activity increases, allowing us to concentrate. But for people in Pompano Beach, Florida with ADHD, the opposite commonly happens – their brains slow down, making it harder for them to concentrate. This is usually because most of their brains have low concentrations of high-frequency beta waves and high concentrations of low-frequency theta or delta waves.
And while a combination of behavioral therapy and psychostimulants is usually the traditional approach to treating ADHD, this approach comes with some downsides. For instance, some patients have complained about a reduction in appetite and eventually weight loss upon starting medication.
As such, some mental health practitioners in Pompano Beach, Florida are turning to neurofeedback therapy to improve the brain’s capacity for beta waves and alleviate ADHD symptoms. These waves help us process information and solve problems. On the other hand, high concentrations of theta waves lead to disorganization, difficulties in completing tasks, and high distractability.
It is unsurprising several studies reported a significant improvement when neurofeedback therapy was included as part of an overall ADHD treatment plan.
Neurofeedback therapy for autism in Pompano Beach, Florida
Autism is a disorder that is characterized by difficulties with speech, communication, socializing, and repetitive behavior. The severity of the condition varies from person to person. As such, there is no one-size-fits-all treatment for this condition – each patient needs a tailor-made approach.
And while most patients with autism in Pompano Beach, Florida rely on traditional forms of treatment like medication, cognitive behavior therapy, and speech-language therapy, some have turned to neurofeedback therapy. But there aren’t many studies on the efficacy of neurofeedback therapy against autism. In fact, some of the supporters of this course of treatment base their belief on research on its efficacy against ADHD.
Neurofeedback Therapy Pompano Beach, Florida
Are there any side effects to Neurofeedback Therapy in Pompano Beach, Florida?
While neurofeedback therapy in Pompano Beach, Florida is painless and non-invasive, it does have some side effects. These may include:
- Cognitive impairment
- Vocal changes
- Brain fog
- Dizziness and fatigue
- Head pressure
- Muscle tension
- Worsening of symptoms
Neurofeedback therapy isn’t right for everyone so do check with your local team in Pompano Beach, Florida and of course consult your Doctor or Physician.
All types of Rehab and Treatment in Pompano Beach, Florida
Eating Disorder Treatment Centers in Pompano Beach, Florida
Pompano Beach, Florida Wellness Centers
Pompano Beach, Florida Telehealth
Mental Health Retreats in Pompano Beach, Florida
Online Rehab in Pompano Beach, Florida
Depression Treatment Centers in Pompano Beach, Florida
Cost of Rehab in Pompano Beach, Florida
Suboxone Clinics in Pompano Beach, Florida
Anxiety Treatment Centers in Pompano Beach, Florida
Top Psychiatrists in Pompano Beach, Florida
Christian Rehab Centers in Pompano Beach, Florida
Drug Rehabs in Pompano Beach, Florida
Teen Rehab in Pompano Beach, Florida
Therapeutic Boarding Schools in Pompano Beach, Florida
Rehabilitation Centers Near Pompano Beach, Florida
All Rehabs in Pompano Beach, Florida
Rehabs in Pompano Beach, Florida
Find the Best Rehabs all over the World
Find an Neurofeedback Therapist in Pompano Beach, Florida
|Business Name||Rating||Categories||Phone Number||Address|
|Bayview Therapy||Psychologists, Hypnosis/Hypnotherapy||+19543915305||2419 E Commercial Blvd, Ste 203, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308|
|Rachael Silverman, PsyD, ABPP||Psychologists||+15615715779||5301 N Federal Hwy, Ste 140, Boca Raton, FL 33487|
|Essence of Healing Counseling Services||Counseling & Mental Health||+19545264006||101 NE 3rd Ave, Ste 1500, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301|
|Ocean Breeze Recovery||Rehabilitation Center, Counseling & Mental Health, Addiction Medicine||+18335361340||2413 E Atlantic Blvd, Pompano Beach, FL 33062|
|Laura Kohn, LMHC CHt – Laura Kohn Group||Counseling & Mental Health||+19545946670||2787 E Oakland Park Blvd, Ste 214, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33306|
|Blair H Mor, PsyD||Addiction Medicine, Psychologists||+15614601885||1 W Camino Real, Ste 100, Boca Raton, FL 33432|
|Diana Wile – Changing Forward||Counseling & Mental Health, Hypnosis/Hypnotherapy, Yoga||+19549133484||1040 Bayview Dr, Ste 110, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304|
|Susan Shafran, LCSW||Counseling & Mental Health||+17183145450||5571 North University Dr, Coral Springs, FL 33076|
|Rabbi Melinda Bernstein||Counseling & Mental Health, Officiants||+19549011355||Tamarac, FL 33321|
|Grant Aram Killian, PHD||Psychologists||+19547869000||2871 NE 30th St, Pompano Beach, FL 33064|
|Jamie Long, PsyD||Psychologists, Life Coach||+19547876800||2601 E Oakland Park Blvd, Ste 502, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33306|
|The Center of Connected Living – Fl||Counseling & Mental Health, Officiants||+19542530985||101 NE 3rd Ave, Ste 1500, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301|
|MGS Counseling & Therapy Services||Counseling & Mental Health||+17549990410||7301 N University Dr, Ste 209, Tamarac, FL 33321|
|PsychoEnergetic Healing: Reiki Energy Healing & Hypnotherapy||Counseling & Mental Health, Hypnosis/Hypnotherapy, Reiki||+13052590013||12965 SW 112th Ave, Miami, FL 33176|
|Brain And Wellness Center||Counseling & Mental Health||+15612062706||7301 W Palmetto Pk Rd, Ste 102A, Boca Raton, FL 33433|
|Ketamine & Infusion Clinic of South Florida||IV Hydration, Counseling & Mental Health, Alternative Medicine||+19543204944||41 N Federal Hwy, Ste A, Fl 2, Pompano Beach, FL 33062|
|Mary L Bondi, LMHC CHT EMDR||Counseling & Mental Health, Hypnosis/Hypnotherapy, Life Coach||+19544672500||4901 NW 17th Way, Ste 408, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309|
|Breath Body Balance||Reflexology, Meditation Centers, Counseling & Mental Health||+19549135080||Pompano Beach, FL 33063|
|Lisa F Levine, LCSW||Counseling & Mental Health||+19548155252||7100 W Camino Real, Ste 6, Boca Raton, FL 33433|
|Laura Kohn Group||Counseling & Mental Health, Life Coach||+19545946670||2787 E Oakland Park Blvd, Ste 214, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33306|
Pompano Beach ( POMP-ə-noh) is a city in Broward County, Florida, United States. It is located along the coast of the Atlantic Ocean, just north of Fort Lauderdale. The nearby Hillsboro Inlet forms part of the Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway. As of the 2020 census, the city’s population was 112,046. Located 36 miles (58 km) north of Miami, it is a principal city in the Miami–Fort Lauderdale–West Palm Beach metropolitan area, which was home to an estimated 6,158,824 people in 2017.
Pompano Beach Airpark, located within the city, is the home of the Goodyear Blimp Spirit of Innovation.
References and Citations: Neurofeedback Therapy Pompano Beach, Florida
- Angelakis E., Stathopoulou S., Frymiare J. L., Green D. L., Lubar J. F., Kounios J. ( 2007). EEG neurofeedback: a brief overview and an example of peak alpha frequency training for cognitive enhancement in the elderly. Clinical Neuropsychologist, 21( 1), 110– 129. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Beatty J., Greenberg A., Deibler W. P., O’Hanlon J. F. ( 1974). Operant control of occipital theta rhythm affects performance in a radar monitoring task. Science, 183( 4127), 871– 873. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Collura T. F., Guan J., Tarrant J., Bailey J., Starr F. ( 2010). EEG biofeedback case studies using live Z-score training and a normative database. Journal of Neurotherapy, 14( 1), 22– 46. [Google Scholar]
- Escolano C., Olivan B., Lopez-del-Hoyo Y., Garcia-Campayo J., Minguez J. ( 2012). Double-blind single-session neuro-feedback training in upper-alpha for cognitive enhancement of healthy subjects. Conference Proceedings of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, 2012, 4643–4647. doi: 10.1109/EMBC.2012.6347002. [Google Scholar]