Neurofeedback Therapy Lewisville, Texas
Neurofeedback Therapy in Lewisville, Texas
- Title: Neurofeedback Therapy in Lewisville, Texas
- Authored by Philippa Gold
- Edited by Hugh Soames
- Reviewed by Matthew Idle
- Neurofeedback Therapy Lewisville, Texas: We strive to provide the most up-to-date and accurate medical information on the web so our readers can make informed decisions about their healthcare. Our subject matter experts specialize in addiction treatment and behavioral healthcare. We follow strict guidelines when fact-checking information and only use credible sources when citing statistics and medical information. Look for the badge on our articles for the most up-to-date and accurate information. If you feel that any of our content is inaccurate or out-of-date, please let us know via our Contact Page
- Must Read Disclaimer: We use fact-based content and publish material that is researched, cited, edited and reviewed by professionals. The information we publish is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. It should not be used in place of the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider. In a Medical Emergency contact the Emergency Services Immediately.
- Earnings: If you buy something through our ads or external links, we may earn a commission.
BetterHelp is one of the most well-known online therapy providers in the World. You may have heard of BetterHelp’s advertisements in Lewisville, Texas on podcasts, radio, or read about it online. According to the latest statistics provided by Betterhelp, the online therapy provider has nearly 2 million customers worldwide. Its client-base makes Better Help the world’s largest online therapy provider and a very popular choice.
Better Help ticks a lot of boxes for individuals seeking counseling and therapy to restore the right balance in their lives. All too often we fail to live our best life to our full potential because of things like drinking too much alcohol too regularly, sadness, grief, stress and burnout. The Betterhelp platform allows users to connect with therapists that can help with a variety of wellbeing concerns.
Specializations | Burnout, Anxiety, Depression, Stress, Anger Management, Alcohol, Dependencies, Grief, Seasonal Depressive Disorder, Life Crisis, Smoking Cessation (among others)
Betterhelp Cost | The standard fee for BetterHelp therapy is only $65 to $90 per week
Key Takeaways |
- Largest online therapy platform
- Low cost
- Live video
- Phone calls
- Live chat
- No lock in contracts
- Cancel anytime
- Licensed and accredited therapists
Discounts Available | We have negotiated a generous 20% discount for readers of our website. Press Here to get 20% Off
Neurofeedback Therapy Lewisville, Texas
Neurofeedback therapy in Lewisville, Texas is a non-invasive process by which mental health practitioners in Lewisville, Texas measure a patient’s brain waves and assess how different tasks can improve their efficacy. The basis of this approach is the belief that changing the state of your brain can change your behavior.
After being extensively trialled in Lewisville, Texas over the past few years, Neurofeedback Therapy is fast becoming the go to treatment for those in the Lewisville, Texas area suffering from depression, anxiety, ADHD, neurosis, addiction and autism. It can be used to also in the process of managing withdrawal symptoms and some 12 step based rehabs offer neurofeedback therapy.
When you first go for a neurofeedback therapy session in Lewisville, Texas, your health practitioner will attach electrodes to your head and map out your default brain activity. Then as tasks are assigned, they will track how they alter the previously mapped activity. This information will then be used to condition your brain to function more optimally.
Not only is neurofeedback therapy in Lewisville, Texas painless and drug-free, but it can also be used to treat a variety of conditions like anxiety, ADHD, and depression. The different types of neurofeedback therapy used in Lewisville, Texas for these conditions include:
- Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging (fMRI) – this is the most research-based method in Lewisville, Texas
- Low-Resolution Electromagnetic Tomography (LORE-TA) – it’s known for revealing a lot of information about how the brains of addicts work and the science of addiction in Lewisville, Texas
- Live Z-score Neurofeedback – it is most commonly used on people with insomnia and in local sleep clinics
- Hemoencephalographic (HEG) Neurofeedback – it is particularly used to help people in Lewisville, Texas with recurrent migraines as it provides information about the brain’s blood flow
- Slow Cortical Potential Neurofeedback (SCP-NF) – it is commonly used to help people in Lewisville, Texas with ADHD or epilepsy
- Frequency/Power Neurofeedback – it’s the most common and simple method used in Lewisville, Texas
- Low-Energy Neurofeedback System (LENS) – this method does not require the patient to make any conscious effort
Neurofeedback Therapy Lewisville, Texas for Depression
Research into depression shows that it usually occurs when there is an imbalance between the amount of activity in your brain’s left and right frontal lobe1https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/depression. While those with a more active left side seem to be upbeat, those with a more active right side are often sad and melancholic.
As such, in a bid to cure depression, therapists in Lewisville, Texas can use neurofeedback therapy to train your left frontal lobe to be more active. They will ensure our brain gets positive feedback each time your left frontal lobe is activated, encouraging your brain to activate it frequently. This can in turn alleviate the symptoms of depression. Neurofeedback therapy for depression is now a routine treatment in the wider Lewisville, Texas area.
Several studies have been done to test the efficacy of this approach, either as a stand-alone treatment or in combination with other approaches. One study even shows that 45% of people suffering from severe depression exhibited normal brain activity after 30 neurofeedback therapy sessions and heart rate variability training.
Another study showed improvement in 5 out of 9 participants subjected to neurofeedback therapy as a treatment for depression. While one person recorded a positive response, four went into full remission. Local therapists in Lewisville, Texas are reporting similar success rates.
Neurofeedback therapy in Lewisville, Texas for anxiety
People in Lewisville, Texas with anxiety usually have repetitive negative thoughts that make them nervous and afraid. And the more they have these thoughts, the more their brain gets locked in a state of hypersensitivity. It becomes a never-ending hole that is hard to come out of. To return the brain to balance, mental health practitioners in Lewisville, Texas can use neurofeedback therapy to train your brain to regulate itself during situations that would normally trigger anxiety.
Neurofeedback therapy for ADHD in Lewisville, Texas
Normally, when we’re working on a task, brain activity increases, allowing us to concentrate. But for people in Lewisville, Texas with ADHD, the opposite commonly happens – their brains slow down, making it harder for them to concentrate. This is usually because most of their brains have low concentrations of high-frequency beta waves and high concentrations of low-frequency theta or delta waves.
And while a combination of behavioral therapy and psychostimulants is usually the traditional approach to treating ADHD, this approach comes with some downsides. For instance, some patients have complained about a reduction in appetite and eventually weight loss upon starting medication.
As such, some mental health practitioners in Lewisville, Texas are turning to neurofeedback therapy to improve the brain’s capacity for beta waves and alleviate ADHD symptoms. These waves help us process information and solve problems. On the other hand, high concentrations of theta waves lead to disorganization, difficulties in completing tasks, and high distractability.
It is unsurprising several studies reported a significant improvement when neurofeedback therapy was included as part of an overall ADHD treatment plan.
Neurofeedback therapy for autism in Lewisville, Texas
Autism is a disorder that is characterized by difficulties with speech, communication, socializing, and repetitive behavior. The severity of the condition varies from person to person. As such, there is no one-size-fits-all treatment for this condition – each patient needs a tailor-made approach.
And while most patients with autism in Lewisville, Texas rely on traditional forms of treatment like medication, cognitive behavior therapy, and speech-language therapy, some have turned to neurofeedback therapy. But there aren’t many studies on the efficacy of neurofeedback therapy against autism. In fact, some of the supporters of this course of treatment base their belief on research on its efficacy against ADHD.
Neurofeedback Therapy Lewisville, Texas
Are there any side effects to Neurofeedback Therapy in Lewisville, Texas?
While neurofeedback therapy in Lewisville, Texas is painless and non-invasive, it does have some side effects. These may include:
- Cognitive impairment
- Vocal changes
- Brain fog
- Dizziness and fatigue
- Head pressure
- Muscle tension
- Worsening of symptoms
Neurofeedback therapy isn’t right for everyone so do check with your local team in Lewisville, Texas and of course consult your Doctor or Physician.
All types of Rehab and Treatment in Lewisville, Texas
Eating Disorder Treatment Centers in Lewisville, Texas
Lewisville, Texas Wellness Centers
Lewisville, Texas Telehealth
Mental Health Retreats in Lewisville, Texas
Online Rehab in Lewisville, Texas
Depression Treatment Centers in Lewisville, Texas
Cost of Rehab in Lewisville, Texas
Suboxone Clinics in Lewisville, Texas
Anxiety Treatment Centers in Lewisville, Texas
Top Psychiatrists in Lewisville, Texas
Christian Rehab Centers in Lewisville, Texas
Drug Rehabs in Lewisville, Texas
Teen Rehab in Lewisville, Texas
Therapeutic Boarding Schools in Lewisville, Texas
Rehabilitation Centers Near Lewisville, Texas
All Rehabs in Lewisville, Texas
Rehabs in Lewisville, Texas
Find the Best Rehabs all over the World
Find an Neurofeedback Therapist in Lewisville, Texas
|Business Name||Rating||Categories||Phone Number||Address|
|Tiffany Smith Counseling||Counseling & Mental Health||+12144054030||2901 Corporate Cir, Ste 100, Flower Mound, TX 75028|
|Sharp Wellness||Counseling & Mental Health||+14693891105||8751 Collin Mckinney Pkwy, Ste 602, McKinney, TX 75070|
|Frisco Counseling and Wellness||Counseling & Mental Health||+19723801842||6842 Lebanon Rd, Ste 103, Frisco, TX 75034|
|Tracy Crain Counseling & Therapy||Counseling & Mental Health||+16822332882||305 Miron Dr, Southlake, TX 76092|
|Calvin Witcher||Counseling & Mental Health, Supernatural Readings, Life Coach||Dallas, TX 75201|
|Cluff Counseling||Counseling & Mental Health||+18177569725||2300 Rockbrook Dr, Lewisville, TX 75067|
|Ashley Shihab – Frisco Counseling and Wellness||Life Coach, Counseling & Mental Health||+19723801842||6842 Lebanon Rd, Ste 103, Frisco, TX 75034|
|Kaleidoscope Behavioral Health||Psychologists||+12144990396||3535 Firewheel Dr, Ste F, Flower Mound, TX 75028|
|Greer & Associates||Counseling & Mental Health||+19725230000||1420 Robinson Rd, Ste 400, Corinth, TX 76210|
|Great Life Counseling Center – Addison||Life Coach, Counseling & Mental Health||+14696659445||14275 Midway Rd, Ste 260, Addison, TX 75001|
|The Next Chapter Counseling||Counseling & Mental Health||+14692099779||8951 Synergy Dr, Ste 240, McKinney, TX 75070|
|LifeView Counseling||Counseling & Mental Health||+12143963848||751 Hebron Pkwy, Ste 320, Lewisville, TX 75057|
|Peaceful You Counseling and Therapy Services||Psychologists||+19724138393||9901 Valley Ranch Pkwy E, Ste 2040, Irving, TX 75063|
|Angela E Stillman | Professional Counseling Services||Counseling & Mental Health, Life Coach||+16822334673||420 N Carroll Ave, Ste 140, Southlake, TX 76092|
|Coppell Counseling Center||Psychologists||+19723931596||413 W Bethel Rd, Ste 100, Coppell, TX 75019|
|The Lawlis Peavey PNP Center||Counseling & Mental Health||+19724345454||571 W Main St, Ste 210, Lewisville, TX 75057|
|Lakeside Life Center||Counseling & Mental Health, Neurologist||+19722211741||4100 Fairway Ct, Ste 200, Carrollton, TX 75010|
|Redeemed Life Counseling||Counseling & Mental Health, Life Coach||+19402228552||415 South US Hwy 377, Ste 102, Argyle, TX 76226|
|Justin Dyniewski, MD – Progressive Psychiatry||Counseling & Mental Health, Psychiatrists||+16822001744||1330 N White Chapel Blvd, Ste 100, Southlake, TX 76092|
|H. Denise Wooten, PsyD||Psychologists||+19725398353||3861 Long Prairie Rd, Flower Mound, TX 75028|
Lewisville ( LOO-iss-vil) is a city in the U.S. state of Texas, predominantly within Denton County with a small part lying within Dallas County. As a suburban community within the Dallas–Fort Worth metroplex, the 2020 census tabulated a population of 111,822.
Originally called Holford’s Prairie, Lewisville dates back to the early 1840s. The arrival of the town’s first railroad in 1881 engendered its initial growth, and the expansion of the area’s transportation infrastructure spurred further development in the early part of the 20th century. Lewisville incorporated in 1925, and when construction of Lewisville Lake was completed in the 1950s, the city began to expand rapidly.
Lewisville’s proximity to Lewisville Lake has made it a recreational hub of the Dallas–Fort Worth metroplex. The area’s transportation infrastructure has evolved around the I-35 Corridor along Interstate 35E. The diversity of its population and industry has created a stable economic climate. Lewisville Independent School District provides most of the area’s public education programs.
References and Citations: Neurofeedback Therapy Lewisville, Texas
- Angelakis E., Stathopoulou S., Frymiare J. L., Green D. L., Lubar J. F., Kounios J. ( 2007). EEG neurofeedback: a brief overview and an example of peak alpha frequency training for cognitive enhancement in the elderly. Clinical Neuropsychologist, 21( 1), 110– 129. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Beatty J., Greenberg A., Deibler W. P., O’Hanlon J. F. ( 1974). Operant control of occipital theta rhythm affects performance in a radar monitoring task. Science, 183( 4127), 871– 873. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Collura T. F., Guan J., Tarrant J., Bailey J., Starr F. ( 2010). EEG biofeedback case studies using live Z-score training and a normative database. Journal of Neurotherapy, 14( 1), 22– 46. [Google Scholar]
- Escolano C., Olivan B., Lopez-del-Hoyo Y., Garcia-Campayo J., Minguez J. ( 2012). Double-blind single-session neuro-feedback training in upper-alpha for cognitive enhancement of healthy subjects. Conference Proceedings of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, 2012, 4643–4647. doi: 10.1109/EMBC.2012.6347002. [Google Scholar]