Neurofeedback Therapy Hollywood, Florida
Neurofeedback Therapy in Hollywood, Florida
- Title: Neurofeedback Therapy in Hollywood, Florida
- Authored by Philippa Gold
- Edited by Hugh Soames
- Reviewed by Matthew Idle
- Neurofeedback Therapy Hollywood, Florida: We strive to provide the most up-to-date and accurate medical information on the web so our readers can make informed decisions about their healthcare. Our subject matter experts specialize in addiction treatment and behavioral healthcare. We follow strict guidelines when fact-checking information and only use credible sources when citing statistics and medical information. Look for the badge on our articles for the most up-to-date and accurate information. If you feel that any of our content is inaccurate or out-of-date, please let us know via our Contact Page
- Must Read Disclaimer: We use fact-based content and publish material that is researched, cited, edited and reviewed by professionals. The information we publish is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. It should not be used in place of the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider. In a Medical Emergency contact the Emergency Services Immediately.
- Earnings: If you buy something through our ads or external links, we may earn a commission.
BetterHelp is one of the most well-known online therapy providers in the World. You may have heard of BetterHelp’s advertisements in Hollywood, Florida on podcasts, radio, or read about it online. According to the latest statistics provided by Betterhelp, the online therapy provider has nearly 2 million customers worldwide. Its client-base makes Better Help the world’s largest online therapy provider and a very popular choice.
Better Help ticks a lot of boxes for individuals seeking counseling and therapy to restore the right balance in their lives. All too often we fail to live our best life to our full potential because of things like drinking too much alcohol too regularly, sadness, grief, stress and burnout. The Betterhelp platform allows users to connect with therapists that can help with a variety of wellbeing concerns.
Specializations | Burnout, Anxiety, Depression, Stress, Anger Management, Alcohol, Dependencies, Grief, Seasonal Depressive Disorder, Life Crisis, Smoking Cessation (among others)
Betterhelp Cost | The standard fee for BetterHelp therapy is only $65 to $90 per week
Key Takeaways |
- Largest online therapy platform
- Low cost
- Live video
- Phone calls
- Live chat
- No lock in contracts
- Cancel anytime
- Licensed and accredited therapists
Discounts Available | We have negotiated a generous 20% discount for readers of our website. Press Here to get 20% Off
Neurofeedback Therapy Hollywood, Florida
Neurofeedback therapy in Hollywood, Florida is a non-invasive process by which mental health practitioners in Hollywood, Florida measure a patient’s brain waves and assess how different tasks can improve their efficacy. The basis of this approach is the belief that changing the state of your brain can change your behavior.
After being extensively trialled in Hollywood, Florida over the past few years, Neurofeedback Therapy is fast becoming the go to treatment for those in the Hollywood, Florida area suffering from depression, anxiety, ADHD, neurosis, addiction and autism. It can be used to also in the process of managing withdrawal symptoms and some 12 step based rehabs offer neurofeedback therapy.
When you first go for a neurofeedback therapy session in Hollywood, Florida, your health practitioner will attach electrodes to your head and map out your default brain activity. Then as tasks are assigned, they will track how they alter the previously mapped activity. This information will then be used to condition your brain to function more optimally.
Not only is neurofeedback therapy in Hollywood, Florida painless and drug-free, but it can also be used to treat a variety of conditions like anxiety, ADHD, and depression. The different types of neurofeedback therapy used in Hollywood, Florida for these conditions include:
- Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging (fMRI) – this is the most research-based method in Hollywood, Florida
- Low-Resolution Electromagnetic Tomography (LORE-TA) – it’s known for revealing a lot of information about how the brains of addicts work and the science of addiction in Hollywood, Florida
- Live Z-score Neurofeedback – it is most commonly used on people with insomnia and in local sleep clinics
- Hemoencephalographic (HEG) Neurofeedback – it is particularly used to help people in Hollywood, Florida with recurrent migraines as it provides information about the brain’s blood flow
- Slow Cortical Potential Neurofeedback (SCP-NF) – it is commonly used to help people in Hollywood, Florida with ADHD or epilepsy
- Frequency/Power Neurofeedback – it’s the most common and simple method used in Hollywood, Florida
- Low-Energy Neurofeedback System (LENS) – this method does not require the patient to make any conscious effort
Neurofeedback Therapy Hollywood, Florida for Depression
Research into depression shows that it usually occurs when there is an imbalance between the amount of activity in your brain’s left and right frontal lobe1https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/depression. While those with a more active left side seem to be upbeat, those with a more active right side are often sad and melancholic.
As such, in a bid to cure depression, therapists in Hollywood, Florida can use neurofeedback therapy to train your left frontal lobe to be more active. They will ensure our brain gets positive feedback each time your left frontal lobe is activated, encouraging your brain to activate it frequently. This can in turn alleviate the symptoms of depression. Neurofeedback therapy for depression is now a routine treatment in the wider Hollywood, Florida area.
Several studies have been done to test the efficacy of this approach, either as a stand-alone treatment or in combination with other approaches. One study even shows that 45% of people suffering from severe depression exhibited normal brain activity after 30 neurofeedback therapy sessions and heart rate variability training.
Another study showed improvement in 5 out of 9 participants subjected to neurofeedback therapy as a treatment for depression. While one person recorded a positive response, four went into full remission. Local therapists in Hollywood, Florida are reporting similar success rates.
Neurofeedback therapy in Hollywood, Florida for anxiety
People in Hollywood, Florida with anxiety usually have repetitive negative thoughts that make them nervous and afraid. And the more they have these thoughts, the more their brain gets locked in a state of hypersensitivity. It becomes a never-ending hole that is hard to come out of. To return the brain to balance, mental health practitioners in Hollywood, Florida can use neurofeedback therapy to train your brain to regulate itself during situations that would normally trigger anxiety.
Neurofeedback therapy for ADHD in Hollywood, Florida
Normally, when we’re working on a task, brain activity increases, allowing us to concentrate. But for people in Hollywood, Florida with ADHD, the opposite commonly happens – their brains slow down, making it harder for them to concentrate. This is usually because most of their brains have low concentrations of high-frequency beta waves and high concentrations of low-frequency theta or delta waves.
And while a combination of behavioral therapy and psychostimulants is usually the traditional approach to treating ADHD, this approach comes with some downsides. For instance, some patients have complained about a reduction in appetite and eventually weight loss upon starting medication.
As such, some mental health practitioners in Hollywood, Florida are turning to neurofeedback therapy to improve the brain’s capacity for beta waves and alleviate ADHD symptoms. These waves help us process information and solve problems. On the other hand, high concentrations of theta waves lead to disorganization, difficulties in completing tasks, and high distractability.
It is unsurprising several studies reported a significant improvement when neurofeedback therapy was included as part of an overall ADHD treatment plan.
Neurofeedback therapy for autism in Hollywood, Florida
Autism is a disorder that is characterized by difficulties with speech, communication, socializing, and repetitive behavior. The severity of the condition varies from person to person. As such, there is no one-size-fits-all treatment for this condition – each patient needs a tailor-made approach.
And while most patients with autism in Hollywood, Florida rely on traditional forms of treatment like medication, cognitive behavior therapy, and speech-language therapy, some have turned to neurofeedback therapy. But there aren’t many studies on the efficacy of neurofeedback therapy against autism. In fact, some of the supporters of this course of treatment base their belief on research on its efficacy against ADHD.
Neurofeedback Therapy Hollywood, Florida
Are there any side effects to Neurofeedback Therapy in Hollywood, Florida?
While neurofeedback therapy in Hollywood, Florida is painless and non-invasive, it does have some side effects. These may include:
- Cognitive impairment
- Vocal changes
- Brain fog
- Dizziness and fatigue
- Head pressure
- Muscle tension
- Worsening of symptoms
Neurofeedback therapy isn’t right for everyone so do check with your local team in Hollywood, Florida and of course consult your Doctor or Physician.
All types of Rehab and Treatment in Hollywood, Florida
Eating Disorder Treatment Centers in Hollywood, Florida
Hollywood, Florida Wellness Centers
Hollywood, Florida Telehealth
Mental Health Retreats in Hollywood, Florida
Online Rehab in Hollywood, Florida
Depression Treatment Centers in Hollywood, Florida
Cost of Rehab in Hollywood, Florida
Suboxone Clinics in Hollywood, Florida
Anxiety Treatment Centers in Hollywood, Florida
Top Psychiatrists in Hollywood, Florida
Christian Rehab Centers in Hollywood, Florida
Drug Rehabs in Hollywood, Florida
Teen Rehab in Hollywood, Florida
Therapeutic Boarding Schools in Hollywood, Florida
Rehabilitation Centers Near Hollywood, Florida
All Rehabs in Hollywood, Florida
Rehabs in Hollywood, Florida
Find the Best Rehabs all over the World
Find an Neurofeedback Therapist in Hollywood, Florida
|Business Name||Rating||Categories||Phone Number||Address|
|Laya F Seghi, LCSW||Counseling & Mental Health||+17864570505||Hollywood, FL|
|The Family Room Wellness Associates||Counseling & Mental Health, Life Coach, Business Consulting||+19543243677||2699 Stirling Rd, Ste C403E, Hollywood, FL 33312|
|Stephanie Savo, LMHC||Counseling & Mental Health||+17542465730||9000 Sheridan St, Ste 110 & 112, Pembroke Pines, FL 33024|
|Caring Therapists of Broward||Counseling & Mental Health||+19543785381||5400 S University Dr, Ste 308, Ste 1110- 112, Davie, FL 33328|
|Essence of Healing Counseling Services||Counseling & Mental Health||+19545264006||101 NE 3rd Ave, Ste 1500, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301|
|Love Discovery Institute||Psychologists, Life Coach, Sex Therapists||+13056055683||2525 Ponce de Leon Blvd, Ste 300, Coral Gables, FL 33134|
|Recovery House 54||Counseling & Mental Health, Halfway Houses, Addiction Medicine||+18335476237||1829 Harding St Hollywood, Hollywood, FL 33020|
|Ellen Brazer, Holistic Psychotherapist||Counseling & Mental Health||+13053332718||17130 W Dixie Hwy, North Miami Beach, FL 33160|
|Lotus Counseling Center||Counseling & Mental Health||+13053739191||2999 NE 191st St, Ste 709F, Miami, FL 33180|
|Rabbi Melinda Bernstein||Counseling & Mental Health, Officiants||+19549011355||Tamarac, FL 33321|
|The Center of Connected Living – Fl||Counseling & Mental Health, Officiants||+19542530985||101 NE 3rd Ave, Ste 1500, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301|
|Laura Kohn, LMHC CHt – Laura Kohn Group||Counseling & Mental Health||+19545946670||2787 E Oakland Park Blvd, Ste 214, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33306|
|Behavioral Health Group||Behavior Analysts, Psychologists, Psychiatrists||+19549611500||3700 Washington St, Ste 304, Hollywood, FL 33021|
|Health & Light Institute||Counseling & Mental Health, Health Coach, Massage Therapy||+17542735510||1441 Plunkett St, Hollywood, FL 33020|
|The Center for Psychological Fitness||Counseling & Mental Health||+19544341886||10400 Griffin Rd, Ste 109, Cooper City, FL 33328|
|Good Friend Counseling Services||Counseling & Mental Health||+19548404663||450 North Park Rd, Ste 801, Hollywood, FL 33021|
|My Counseling Connections||Counseling & Mental Health||+19548390106||817 S University Dr, Ste 121, Plantation, FL 33324|
|Compassion Behavioral Health||Rehabilitation Center, Counseling & Mental Health||+19545052200||1 Oakwood Blvd, Ste 265, Hollywood, FL 33020|
|Adams Therapy and Consulting||Counseling & Mental Health||+15413267938||Hollywood, FL 33004|
|Bayview Therapy||Psychologists, Hypnosis/Hypnotherapy||+19543915305||2419 E Commercial Blvd, Ste 203, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308|
Hollywood is a city in southern Broward County, Florida, United States, located between Fort Lauderdale and Miami. As of July 1, 2019, Hollywood had a population of 154,817. Founded in 1925, the city grew rapidly in the 1950s and 1960s, and is now the 12th-largest city in Florida. Hollywood is a principal city of the Miami metropolitan area, which was home to an estimated 6,012,331 people at the 2015 census. The average temperature is between 68 and 83 °F (20 and 28 °C).
References and Citations: Neurofeedback Therapy Hollywood, Florida
- Angelakis E., Stathopoulou S., Frymiare J. L., Green D. L., Lubar J. F., Kounios J. ( 2007). EEG neurofeedback: a brief overview and an example of peak alpha frequency training for cognitive enhancement in the elderly. Clinical Neuropsychologist, 21( 1), 110– 129. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Beatty J., Greenberg A., Deibler W. P., O’Hanlon J. F. ( 1974). Operant control of occipital theta rhythm affects performance in a radar monitoring task. Science, 183( 4127), 871– 873. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Collura T. F., Guan J., Tarrant J., Bailey J., Starr F. ( 2010). EEG biofeedback case studies using live Z-score training and a normative database. Journal of Neurotherapy, 14( 1), 22– 46. [Google Scholar]
- Escolano C., Olivan B., Lopez-del-Hoyo Y., Garcia-Campayo J., Minguez J. ( 2012). Double-blind single-session neuro-feedback training in upper-alpha for cognitive enhancement of healthy subjects. Conference Proceedings of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, 2012, 4643–4647. doi: 10.1109/EMBC.2012.6347002. [Google Scholar]