Neurofeedback Therapy Concord, California
Neurofeedback Therapy in Concord, California
- Title: Neurofeedback Therapy in Concord, California
- Authored by Philippa Gold
- Edited by Hugh Soames
- Reviewed by Matthew Idle
- Neurofeedback Therapy Concord, California: We strive to provide the most up-to-date and accurate medical information on the web so our readers can make informed decisions about their healthcare. Our subject matter experts specialize in addiction treatment and behavioral healthcare. We follow strict guidelines when fact-checking information and only use credible sources when citing statistics and medical information. Look for the badge on our articles for the most up-to-date and accurate information. If you feel that any of our content is inaccurate or out-of-date, please let us know via our Contact Page
- Must Read Disclaimer: We use fact-based content and publish material that is researched, cited, edited and reviewed by professionals. The information we publish is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. It should not be used in place of the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider. In a Medical Emergency contact the Emergency Services Immediately.
- Earnings: If you buy something through our ads or external links, we may earn a commission.
Betterhelp Therapy - Connect With a Licensed Therapist Now & Get 20% Off
BetterHelp is one of the most well-known online therapy providers in the World. You may have heard of BetterHelp’s advertisements in Concord, California on podcasts, radio, or read about it online. According to the latest statistics provided by Betterhelp, the online therapy provider has nearly 2 million customers worldwide. Its client-base makes Better Help the world’s largest online therapy provider and a very popular choice.
Better Help ticks a lot of boxes for individuals seeking counseling and therapy to restore the right balance in their lives. All too often we fail to live our best life to our full potential because of things like drinking too much alcohol too regularly, sadness, grief, stress and burnout. The Betterhelp platform allows users to connect with therapists that can help with a variety of wellbeing concerns.
Specializations | Burnout, Anxiety, Depression, Stress, Anger Management, Alcohol, Dependencies, Grief, Seasonal Depressive Disorder, Life Crisis, Smoking Cessation (among others)
Betterhelp Cost | The standard fee for BetterHelp therapy is only $65 to $90 per week
Key Takeaways |
- Largest online therapy platform
- Low cost
- Live video
- Phone calls
- Live chat
- No lock in contracts
- Cancel anytime
- Licensed and accredited therapists
Discounts Available | We have negotiated a generous 20% discount for readers of our website. Press Here to get 20% Off
Neurofeedback Therapy Concord, California
Neurofeedback therapy in Concord, California is a non-invasive process by which mental health practitioners in Concord, California measure a patient’s brain waves and assess how different tasks can improve their efficacy. The basis of this approach is the belief that changing the state of your brain can change your behavior.
After being extensively trialled in Concord, California over the past few years, Neurofeedback Therapy is fast becoming the go to treatment for those in the Concord, California area suffering from depression, anxiety, ADHD, neurosis, addiction and autism. It can be used to also in the process of managing withdrawal symptoms and some 12 step based rehabs offer neurofeedback therapy.
When you first go for a neurofeedback therapy session in Concord, California, your health practitioner will attach electrodes to your head and map out your default brain activity. Then as tasks are assigned, they will track how they alter the previously mapped activity. This information will then be used to condition your brain to function more optimally.
Not only is neurofeedback therapy in Concord, California painless and drug-free, but it can also be used to treat a variety of conditions like anxiety, ADHD, and depression. The different types of neurofeedback therapy used in Concord, California for these conditions include:
- Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging (fMRI) – this is the most research-based method in Concord, California
- Low-Resolution Electromagnetic Tomography (LORE-TA) – it’s known for revealing a lot of information about how the brains of addicts work and the science of addiction in Concord, California
- Live Z-score Neurofeedback – it is most commonly used on people with insomnia and in local sleep clinics
- Hemoencephalographic (HEG) Neurofeedback – it is particularly used to help people in Concord, California with recurrent migraines as it provides information about the brain’s blood flow
- Slow Cortical Potential Neurofeedback (SCP-NF) – it is commonly used to help people in Concord, California with ADHD or epilepsy
- Frequency/Power Neurofeedback – it’s the most common and simple method used in Concord, California
- Low-Energy Neurofeedback System (LENS) – this method does not require the patient to make any conscious effort
Neurofeedback Therapy Concord, California for Depression
Research into depression shows that it usually occurs when there is an imbalance between the amount of activity in your brain’s left and right frontal lobe1https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/depression. While those with a more active left side seem to be upbeat, those with a more active right side are often sad and melancholic.
As such, in a bid to cure depression, therapists in Concord, California can use neurofeedback therapy to train your left frontal lobe to be more active. They will ensure our brain gets positive feedback each time your left frontal lobe is activated, encouraging your brain to activate it frequently. This can in turn alleviate the symptoms of depression. Neurofeedback therapy for depression is now a routine treatment in the wider Concord, California area.
Several studies have been done to test the efficacy of this approach, either as a stand-alone treatment or in combination with other approaches. One study even shows that 45% of people suffering from severe depression exhibited normal brain activity after 30 neurofeedback therapy sessions and heart rate variability training.
Another study showed improvement in 5 out of 9 participants subjected to neurofeedback therapy as a treatment for depression. While one person recorded a positive response, four went into full remission. Local therapists in Concord, California are reporting similar success rates.
Neurofeedback therapy in Concord, California for anxiety
People in Concord, California with anxiety usually have repetitive negative thoughts that make them nervous and afraid. And the more they have these thoughts, the more their brain gets locked in a state of hypersensitivity. It becomes a never-ending hole that is hard to come out of. To return the brain to balance, mental health practitioners in Concord, California can use neurofeedback therapy to train your brain to regulate itself during situations that would normally trigger anxiety.
Neurofeedback therapy for ADHD in Concord, California
Normally, when we’re working on a task, brain activity increases, allowing us to concentrate. But for people in Concord, California with ADHD, the opposite commonly happens – their brains slow down, making it harder for them to concentrate. This is usually because most of their brains have low concentrations of high-frequency beta waves and high concentrations of low-frequency theta or delta waves.
And while a combination of behavioral therapy and psychostimulants is usually the traditional approach to treating ADHD, this approach comes with some downsides. For instance, some patients have complained about a reduction in appetite and eventually weight loss upon starting medication.
As such, some mental health practitioners in Concord, California are turning to neurofeedback therapy to improve the brain’s capacity for beta waves and alleviate ADHD symptoms. These waves help us process information and solve problems. On the other hand, high concentrations of theta waves lead to disorganization, difficulties in completing tasks, and high distractability.
It is unsurprising several studies reported a significant improvement when neurofeedback therapy was included as part of an overall ADHD treatment plan.
Neurofeedback therapy for autism in Concord, California
Autism is a disorder that is characterized by difficulties with speech, communication, socializing, and repetitive behavior. The severity of the condition varies from person to person. As such, there is no one-size-fits-all treatment for this condition – each patient needs a tailor-made approach.
And while most patients with autism in Concord, California rely on traditional forms of treatment like medication, cognitive behavior therapy, and speech-language therapy, some have turned to neurofeedback therapy. But there aren’t many studies on the efficacy of neurofeedback therapy against autism. In fact, some of the supporters of this course of treatment base their belief on research on its efficacy against ADHD.
Neurofeedback Therapy Concord, California
Are there any side effects to Neurofeedback Therapy in Concord, California?
While neurofeedback therapy in Concord, California is painless and non-invasive, it does have some side effects. These may include:
- Cognitive impairment
- Vocal changes
- Brain fog
- Dizziness and fatigue
- Head pressure
- Muscle tension
- Worsening of symptoms
Neurofeedback therapy isn’t right for everyone so do check with your local team in Concord, California and of course consult your Doctor or Physician.
All types of Rehab and Treatment in Concord, California
Eating Disorder Treatment Centers in Concord, California
Concord, California Wellness Centers
Concord, California Telehealth
Mental Health Retreats in Concord, California
Online Rehab in Concord, California
Depression Treatment Centers in Concord, California
Cost of Rehab in Concord, California
Suboxone Clinics in Concord, California
Anxiety Treatment Centers in Concord, California
Top Psychiatrists in Concord, California
Christian Rehab Centers in Concord, California
Drug Rehabs in Concord, California
Teen Rehab in Concord, California
Therapeutic Boarding Schools in Concord, California
Rehabilitation Centers Near Concord, California
All Rehabs in Concord, California
Rehabs in Concord, California
Find the Best Rehabs all over the World
Worlds Best Rehab
Find an Neurofeedback Therapist in Concord, California
|Business Name||Rating||Categories||Phone Number||Address|
|Caree Brown, LCSW||Counseling & Mental Health||+19258785587||1849 Bonanza St, Walnut Creek, CA 94596|
|Walnut Creek Therapists||Counseling & Mental Health||+19253158205||1910 Olympic Blvd, Ste 360, Walnut Creek, CA 94596|
|Empowered Mind Therapy Center||Counseling & Mental Health||+19252570205||1200 Mt Diablo Blvd, Ste 203, Walnut Creek, CA 94596|
|Whitney Wright Maricle, LMFT||Counseling & Mental Health||+19259544739||San Luis Obispo, CA 93403|
|Jessica Cliff, M.S.,LMFT||Counseling & Mental Health||+19258999238||1600 South Main Plz, Ste 240, Walnut Creek, CA 94596|
|Julie Levin, MFT||Counseling & Mental Health||+19253356441||395 Taylor Blvd, Ste 115, Pleasant Hill, CA 94523|
|Lasting Change Health Coaching||Counseling & Mental Health, Weight Loss Centers||+19252220875||Pleasant Hill, CA 94523|
|John F Aldava IV, PhD||Psychologists||+19257856682||1866 Clayton Rd, Ste 300, Concord, CA 94520|
|Bay Healing||Counseling & Mental Health||+19259352502||2950 Camino Diablo, Ste 310, Walnut Creek, CA 94597|
|Lisa Kaplan, MFT||Counseling & Mental Health||+19252899211||Benicia, CA 94510|
|Mind Matters||Psychologists||+19255662300||1901 Olympic Blvd, Ste 240, Walnut Creek, CA 94596|
|Barbara J. Vitz CCHT, CHD||Counseling & Mental Health||+19259152323||1100 Pleasant Valley Dr, Ste A, Life Path Hypnotherapy, Pleasant Hill, CA 94523|
|Dimensions of Health||Nutritionists, Counseling & Mental Health, Naturopathic/Holistic||+19256800987||1834 Kenwood Dr, Concord, CA 94519|
|Jhana Goldenflame, Master EFT, Emotional & Spiritual Counseling||Life Coach, Counseling & Mental Health, Hypnosis/Hypnotherapy||+14157469662||546 Fillmore St, San Francisco, CA 94117|
|CIT Clinics||Counseling & Mental Health, IV Hydration, Anesthesiologists||+14156751335||600 Nut Tree Rd, Ste 220, Vacaville, CA 95687|
|Helene Schneider, MA, MFT||Counseling & Mental Health, Life Coach||+19252896555||954 Risa Rd, Ste A, Lafayette , CA 94549|
|Owl Wise Holistic Coaching Services||Counseling & Mental Health, Life Coach, Health Coach||+19256957155||505 Estudillo St, Ste 7, Martinez, CA 94553|
|Nicolle Ionascu, PsyD QME||Psychologists||+19255883592||400 Taylor Blvd, Ste 305, Pleasant Hill, CA 94523|
|Sarah Henley Psychotherapy and EMDR||Counseling & Mental Health||+14159660631||1910 Olympic Blvd, Walnut Creek, CA 94596|
|Cynthia Mansur, MFT||Counseling & Mental Health||+15105082169||3468 Mt Diablo Blvd, Ste B301, Lafayette, CA 94549|
Concord ( KON-kerd) is the largest city in Contra Costa County, California. According to an estimate completed by the United States Census Bureau, the city had a population of 129,295 in 2019 making it the eighth largest city in the San Francisco Bay Area. Founded in 1869 as Todos Santos by Don Salvio Pacheco II, a noted Californio ranchero, the name was later changed to Concord. The city is a major regional suburban East Bay center within the San Francisco Bay Area, and is 29 miles (47 kilometers) east of San Francisco.
References and Citations: Neurofeedback Therapy Concord, California
- Angelakis E., Stathopoulou S., Frymiare J. L., Green D. L., Lubar J. F., Kounios J. ( 2007). EEG neurofeedback: a brief overview and an example of peak alpha frequency training for cognitive enhancement in the elderly. Clinical Neuropsychologist, 21( 1), 110– 129. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Beatty J., Greenberg A., Deibler W. P., O’Hanlon J. F. ( 1974). Operant control of occipital theta rhythm affects performance in a radar monitoring task. Science, 183( 4127), 871– 873. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Collura T. F., Guan J., Tarrant J., Bailey J., Starr F. ( 2010). EEG biofeedback case studies using live Z-score training and a normative database. Journal of Neurotherapy, 14( 1), 22– 46. [Google Scholar]
- Escolano C., Olivan B., Lopez-del-Hoyo Y., Garcia-Campayo J., Minguez J. ( 2012). Double-blind single-session neuro-feedback training in upper-alpha for cognitive enhancement of healthy subjects. Conference Proceedings of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, 2012, 4643–4647. doi: 10.1109/EMBC.2012.6347002. [Google Scholar]