- Title: Telehealth Online Treatment in Gravesend, New York
- Author: Matthew Idle
- Editor: Alexander Bentley
- Reviewed: Philippa Gold
- Gravesend, New York Telehealth: At Worlds Best Rehab, we strive to provide the most up-to-date and accurate information on the web so our readers can make informed decisions about their healthcare. Our subject matter experts specialize in addiction treatment and behavioral healthcare. We follow strict guidelines when fact-checking information and only use credible sources when citing statistics and medical information. Look for the badge on our articles for the most up-to-date and accurate information. If you feel that any of our content is inaccurate or out-of-date, please let us know via our Contact Page
- Disclaimer: The World’s Best Rehab Recovery Blog aims to improve the quality of life for people struggling with addiction and mental health concerns. We use fact-based content and publish material that is researched, cited, edited, and reviewed by professionals. The information we publish is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. It should not be used in place of the advice of your physician or another qualified healthcare provider. In a Medical Emergency contact the Emergency Services Immediately.
- Earnings: If you buy something through our ads or external links, we may earn a commission.
- Accessing Telehealth in Gravesend, New York © 2022 Worlds Best Rehab Publishing
- Advertise: To advertise on Worlds Best Rehab visit our inquiry page
- Get Help Now: Contact a Licensed and Qualified therapist with 20% Off
Gravesend, New York Telehealth
Gravesend, New York Telehealth
Betterhelp Telehealth in Gravesend, New York - Real Therapy, Online and Low Cost with Qualified Therapists
Sessions take place online using video calls. This gives you the chance to be anywhere in Gravesend, New York (and actually anywhere in the World) and still able to speak to your counselor, giving you the chance to receive therapy at a lower cost than if you attended sessions in-person.
If you don’t want to use video chat, then you can simply speak to a counselor serving Gravesend, New York over the phone. You also have the chance to message your counselor via text throughout BetterHelp live chat platform.
Betterhelp also provides journaling, allowing clients from Gravesend, New York to write about their emotions, feelings, and desires. The journals are reviewed by each client’s counselor with feedback given on entries.
Specializations | Burnout, Anxiety, Depression, Stress, Anger Management, Dependencies, Grief, Seasonal Depressive Disorder, Life Crisis, Smoking Cessation (among others)
Full Online Program | The standard fee for BetterHelp therapy is only $60 to $90 per week or $240 to $360 per month.
Key Takeaways | Largest online therapy platform for anxiety treatment, low cost, messaging, live video, phone calls, and live chat, no lock in contracts, cancel anytime, only licensed and accredited anxiety therapists
Discounts Available | We have negotiated a generous 20% discount for readers of our website. Press Here to get 20% Off
Gravesend, New York Telehealth: What is Telehealth Addiction Treatment and how does it work?
Telehealth Addiction Treatment in Gravesend, New York is one of the most popular ways to get help for addiction. It can be done in a variety of ways, but the basic idea is that you connect with a therapist or counsellor online. This can be done through video chat, phone call, or even text message.
There are many reasons why Telehealth Addiction Treatment in Gravesend, New York is so popular. First, it’s convenient. You can do it from home, which means you don’t have to leave your house and travel to a rehab center. This is especially helpful if you have a job or family obligations that make traveling difficult.
More people than ever in Gravesend, New York are choosing telehealth therapy for their mental health needs. Gravesend, New York Telehealth therapy enables you to meet with a therapist online and from the safety of your own home in Gravesend, New York or elsewhere with a reliable internet connection. You can speak to a therapist from anywhere in the world to get the help needed to recover from mental health issues. Telehealth Addiction Treatment in Gravesend, New York is affordable because you don’t have to pay for transportation or housing.
Studies show that it can be just as effective as traditional rehab. In some cases, it may even be more effective because you have more flexibility in terms of scheduling and location. Some Gravesend, New York telehealth companies provide text therapy, giving you the chance to communicate throughout the day with a counsellor. Today, there are multiple large providers of telehealth therapy in Gravesend, New York. These brands hire experienced counsellors and therapists to speak with clients. A simple Google search will return a variety of Gravesend, New York telehealth companies to choose from.
What is Telehealth in Gravesend, New York?
Gravesend, New York Telehealth is the delivery of health services via telecommunications and digital communication technologies from a static base in Gravesend, New York. Services include medical care from providers to patients. Also known as online medical care, telehealth therapy in Gravesend, New York provides an important service to a vulnerable population. Not everyone can attend therapy or a residential rehab program. Therefore, Gravesend, New York telehealth services provide individuals unable to attend these physical programs with the therapy needed https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7380287/.
Many of the Gravesend, New York telehealth therapy groups provide clients the chance to speak about their issues. However, online health providers offer much more to clients than just a platform to speak about mental health and/or addiction problems.
There are other services provided by Gravesend, New York telehealth. Clients may track their food intake and share their information with a dietician. You may speak with a therapist, psychiatrist, or counsellor through email about mental health problems. There is also telemedicine in Gravesend, New York that gives individuals information about their symptoms.
Gravesend, New York Telehealth for therapy
Telehealth therapy in Gravesend, New York is often called online rehab. It is great for people who find speaking to people in person difficult. It allows them to be in the comfort of their own home while speaking to the therapist. It is also a good fit for people with busy schedules, who find it difficult to schedule in-person sessions. Therapy and mental health still have stigmas attached to them. By accessing therapy online from Gravesend, New York, you may feel more comfortable speaking to a therapist. Gravesend, New York teletherapy is like attending an online version of an Intensive Outpatient Program.
Online therapy in Gravesend, New York makes life easier for people, just like many of the other services now provided to people via the Internet. Some of the issues Gravesend, New York telehealth therapy helps clients with are:
- Food and eating issues
- Relationship issues
- Obsessions and compulsions (OCD)
- Parenting issues
Research has been conducted on the effectiveness of Gravesend, New York telehealth therapy. It appears online-based therapy from Gravesend, New York could be just as effective as in-person sessions. Therapies such as cognitive behavioral therapy may be just as perfect for online delivery as it is for face-to-face therapy https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6334286/.
Mental health professionals and therapy in Gravesend, New York are not always accessible to everyone. Therefore, Gravesend, New York telehealth therapy could be perfect for you. Reasons to select Gravesend, New York telehealth therapy over in-person therapy include:
- Living too far away from a mental health provider in Gravesend, New York
- Having a busy work and/or personal life schedule
- Being uncomfortable with Gravesend, New York in-person therapy sessions
There are some reasons not to use telehealth therapy in Gravesend, New York. These include:
- If you are suffering from severe psychological or emotional problems
- If you have severe depression
- If you experience suicidal thoughts
- If you are bipolar
- If you are schizophrenic
Anyone experiencing the above issues should seek immediate medical attention near their home in Gravesend, New York. In addition to these issues, a person uncomfortable using technology should stick to in-person therapy. An individual with a lack of privacy for online sessions should use face-to-face sessions.
How to find the right Gravesend, New York telehealth provider
You should do your research before deciding on a Gravesend, New York telehealth therapy provider. Some people that offer telehealth therapy in Gravesend, New York are not qualified therapists. The treatment provided isn’t effective and may be dangerous. In addition, working with a non-qualified person allows them to gain your personal information.
Ensure your online therapist is licensed in Gravesend, New York before attending an online session. Your online therapist in Gravesend, New York should have a master’s degree and some relevant experience in mental health therapy. Gravesend, New York telehealth therapy is a great tool for individuals in need of help, but getting the wrong therapist can prevent you from getting better, or make your condition even worse.
There are some therapists who are offering online therapy sessions through Zoom, Skype, and other online communication programs. You should ensure your Gravesend, New York online therapist is capable of using online technology to provide a high-quality service.
One of the most significant reasons people access online therapy in Gravesend, New York is the price. Telehealth therapy in Gravesend, New York is oftentimes cheaper than in-person sessions. In the long-term, any discount in price can be significant.
Pros and cons of Gravesend, New York telehealth therapy
Online therapy in Gravesend, New York has its pros and cons. It doesn’t suit everyone, but can be the ideal mental health service for some people in Gravesend, New York. If you are considering Gravesend, New York teletherapy, you should definitely research online sessions to see if they meet your needs.
Pros of Gravesend, New York telehealth therapy include:
- Accessibility – Telehealth therapy in Gravesend, New York is accessible to almost anyone anywhere in the world as long as you have an Internet connection. It is great for individuals with a busy schedule.
- Accountability – You are held accountable for your appointment as it is virtual. It may be easy to skip your in-person appointment, but having it available online means you are less likely to skip it.
- Group Dynamics – You can engage and interact with people in group therapy sessions with others from a long distance away, and perhaps not just in Gravesend, New York
Some of the cons of telehealth therapy in Gravesend, New York are:
- Nonverbal communication – There isn’t a lot of nonverbal communication. In-person sessions allow you to be seen by a therapist in Gravesend, New York who can take nonverbal cues.
- Confidentiality – An online therapy company’s information can be hacked and your payment information could be stolen.
- Equipment – Some therapists in Gravesend, New York may not be highly skilled with telecommunications equipment. In addition, you may not receive a high-quality online connection.
- Addressing severe issues – A Gravesend, New York therapist may not be able to diagnose severe mental health issues that lead to more issues for the client.
- Financial problems – Online therapy is cheaper than in-person sessions. However, many insurance providers do not cover Gravesend, New York telehealth therapy sessions. Therefore, your bills could pile up quickly.
Gravesend, New York telehealth therapy is a great service for clients seeking mental health help. The ease of access, price, and accountability it offers make it a great choice. If you are in need of therapy, you may consider online sessions.
Find the Right Telehealth Therapy Rehab Serving Gravesend, New York & Verified by Worlds Best Rehab
Below is a compilation of the top telehealth and teletherapy providers serving Gravesend, New York.
The teletherapy clinics featured below have been verified by Worlds Best Rehab as offering an exceptionally high level of care, both physically and via their online program. They may or may not be physically based in Gravesend, New York, yet they extend their services along multiple time zones, ensuring true telehealth coverage in the wider Gravesend, New York area.
Telehealth Therapists in Gravesend, New York
|Business Name||Rating||Categories||Phone Number||Address|
|Talking Works||Psychologists, Life Coach||+13473914250||2502 86th St, Fl 3, Brooklyn, NY 11214|
|Park Slope Center For Mental Health||Counseling & Mental Health, Psychiatrists||+17187885101||348 13th St, Ste 203, Brooklyn, NY 11215|
|Leonid Vorobyev, New York||Counseling & Mental Health, Psychiatrists, Hypnosis/Hypnotherapy||+17182360700||7819 18th Ave, Ste A, Brooklyn, NY 11214|
|Crasmere Psychiatric Services, PC||Counseling & Mental Health, Psychiatrists||+17187277077||38 Winthrop Pl, Staten Island, NY 10314|
|Kelly Gorsky, LMHC, CCP||Counseling & Mental Health, Life Coach, Career Counseling||+16467646562||1000 S Ave, Ste LL1, Staten Island, NY 10314|
|This Woman Is You||Reiki, Nutritionists, Counseling & Mental Health||+19175237298||85th and 3rd Ave, Fl 2, Brooklyn, NY 11209|
|Mindy Newman, LMHC||Hypnosis/Hypnotherapy, Counseling & Mental Health||New York, NY 10010|
|Cornell & Associates Marriage and Family Therapy||Counseling & Mental Health, Reiki, Mediators||+19172251401||41 Union Sq W, Ste 1328, New York, NY 10003|
|Collaborative Therapy||Counseling & Mental Health, Psychiatrists, Acupuncture||+19293066928||515 Madison Ave, Fl 21, New York, NY 10022|
|Psychotherapy and Counseling Center||Counseling & Mental Health||+17184268110||36-36 33rd St, Ste 502, Astoria, NY 11106|
|The Me Project||Counseling & Mental Health, Career Counseling, Life Coach||+16317072029||110 First St, Jersey City, NJ 07302|
|NYC Comprehensive Psychological Services, PC||Psychologists||+13477814614||396 3rd St, Brooklyn, NY 11215|
|Tree of Life Mental Health Counseling||Counseling & Mental Health||2460 Victory Blvd, Staten Island, NY 10314|
|Dan Sharir, Lmhc Ncc||Counseling & Mental Health||+16467174860||19 W 34th St, Ste 1200, New York, NY 10001|
|Psychobabble Brooklyn||Counseling & Mental Health||+16465042687||1025 Seneca Ave, Queens, NY 11385|
|Williamsburg Therapy Group||Psychiatrists, Psychologists||+13477650904||62 Grand St, Brooklyn, NY 11249|
|New Hope Counseling Center||Counseling & Mental Health||+17184409637||79-56 Metropolitan Ave, Middle Village, NY 11379|
|Sharon Packer MD||Counseling & Mental Health, Psychiatrists||+12127771875||270 Lafayette St, New York, NY 10012|
|Dina Molina, LCSW, MFT||Counseling & Mental Health||+13472810031||26 Court St, Brooklyn, NY 11201|
|My Quiet Place Counseling||Psychologists||+19179001177||2381 Hylan Blvd, Ste 2, Staten Island, NY 10306|
All types of Rehab and Treatment in Gravesend, New York
Eating Disorder Treatment Centers in Gravesend, New York
Gravesend, New York Wellness Centers
Cost of Rehab in Gravesend, New York
Mental Health Retreats in Gravesend, New York
Online Rehab in Gravesend, New York
Depression Treatment Centers in Gravesend, New York
Drug Rehabs in Gravesend, New York
Suboxone Clinics in Gravesend, New York
Anxiety Treatment Centers in Gravesend, New York
Top Psychiatrists in Gravesend, New York
Christian Rehab Centers in Gravesend, New York
Neurofeedback Therapy in Gravesend, New York
State Funded Rehab in Gravesend, New York
Teen Rehab in Gravesend, New York
Therapeutic Boarding Schools in Gravesend, New York
Rehabilitation Centers Near Gravesend, New York
All Rehabs in Gravesend, New York
Rehabs in in the Greater Area
Find the Best Rehabs all over the World