- Title: Christian Rehab and Counseling in East Los Angeles, California
- Authored by Pin Ng PhD Edited by Hugh Soames
- Christian Faith Addiction Therapy in East Los Angeles, California: At Worlds Best Rehab, we strive to provide the most up-to-date and accurate medical information on the web so our readers can make informed decisions about their healthcare. Our subject matter experts specialize in addiction treatment and behavioral healthcare. We follow strict guidelines when fact-checking information and only use credible sources when citing statistics and medical information. Look for the badge on our articles for the most up-to-date and accurate information. If you feel that any of our content is inaccurate or out-of-date, please let us know via our Contact Page
- Disclaimer: The World’s Best Rehab Recovery Blog aims to improve the quality of life for people struggling with addiction and mental health concerns. We use fact-based content and publish material that is researched, cited, edited and reviewed by professionals. The information we publish is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. It should not be used in place of the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider. In a Medical Emergency contact the Emergency Services Immediately.
- Earnings: If you buy something through our ads or external links, we may earn a commission.
- Connect with a Christian Counselor Right Now: FaithfulCounseling.com
Christian Rehab Centers in East Los Angeles, California
Christian Rehab Centers in East Los Angeles, California
Christian Counseling and Therapy in East Los Angeles, California - Low Cost - Christian Faith Based Therapy
Faithful Counseling is a specialized mental health service in East Los Angeles, California which allows users to connect with licensed therapists who share their Christian background. By combining biblical wisdom with clinical expertise in the field of mental health, the Faithfulcounseling.com therapists in East Los Angeles, California go above and beyond in inviting God into the conversation and developing practical plans to best meet the unique challenges that their clients are facing. The goal of Faithful Counseling is to holistically enhance clients wellbeing, so that they can be psychologically, emotionally, and spiritually well.
To ensure that we are providing the best possible experience to clients in East Los Angeles, California, the unique online platform of Faithful Counseling has a few advantages over traditional in-person therapy. At Faithful Counseling, you will have access to connect with your Christian therapist via scheduled video sessions and telephone calls, as well as unlimited texting with your therapist anytime. Users can connect through their computer, tablet, or smartphone, depending on their preferences. Faithfulcounseling works on a month-to-month membership basis, providing access to therapy in East Los Angeles, California at dramatically lower rates than traditional, face to face based fees.
East Los Angeles, California is in the midst of an acute alcohol and drug addiction crisis. Life-saving medicines and therapy are important components of addiction recovery in East Los Angeles, California. Along with the body and the mind, the spirit is also a central part of addiction treatment and has been for generations. Not only is faith important in primary rehab, yet also in the ongoing continuum of addiction health care in East Los Angeles, California.
It is abundantly clear clear that faith and spirituality in East Los Angeles, California are exceptionally powerful resources in substance abuse prevention and recovery.
The efficacy of faith includes not only the behaviors people engage in (or don’t engage in) because of their faith and the support people find in belonging to faith communities, but also people’s religious and spiritual beliefs themselves1https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6759672/.
What are Christian Rehab Centers in East Los Angeles, California?
In East Los Angeles, California, one of the treatment options available to you when seeking help from drug or alcohol abuse is a Christian based rehab facility. Faith and spirtuality can be powerful tools in the fight against addiction. Many individuals seeking help from addiction turn to God or a higher power to give them the strength to end substance abuse.
Christian rehab centers in East Los Angeles, California use the process of spiritual transformation to help clients gain freedom from drugs and alcohol. A Christian rehab in East Los Angeles, California uses the strength, support, and clarity provided by God to help clients work through the problems that are a part of recovery. With proper treatment and belief in a higher power, it is believed that anyone can overcome their addictions.
Christian Rehab Centers in East Los Angeles, California
Christian rehab in East Los Angeles, California is a type of drug and alcohol abuse treatment program that uses Christian values and teachings during the treatment process. In addition, the rehab provides support using clinical therapy models. By using these two elements, the treatments work in synergy and help clients maintain faith while navigating the difficult aspects of rehab.
You may be a fully-fledged Christian upon entering one of the Christian rehab centers in East Los Angeles, California or you may have lost your faith. Regardless, Christian rehab in East Los Angeles, California uses its ability to teach God’s word along with therapy to help clients recover from substance abuse. Christian rehab treatment programs in East Los Angeles, California may include the following elements:
- Bible study sessions in East Los Angeles, California
- Scripture readings
- A faith-based 12-step program
- Sermons on addiction and the Christian faith
- Daily prayers and reflection sessions
- Regular church services in East Los Angeles, California
- Ministerial and pastoral counseling
The treatment programs incorporate spiritual teachings and awareness. Many Christian treatment centers in East Los Angeles, California have priests, ministers, and other members of the clergy onsite and/or on staff. These church-based personnel work hand-in-hand with the doctors, psychiatrists and therapists at the rehab.
While clients undergo a number of church based Christian teachings in East Los Angeles, California, they also experience holistic therapy sessions including:
- Individual therapy and counseling
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Group therapy and counseling
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Life skills courses
- Relapse prevention classes
- Boundaries and relationship workshops
- Dual diagnosis treatment
What are the benefits of Christian Rehab Centers in East Los Angeles, California
Addiction in East Los Angeles, California is on the rise, with a 11% increase in drug and alcohol related deaths last year. Addiction is a chronic disease of the brain that does not discriminate. Drug and alcohol abuse affects people of all demographics in East Los Angeles, California, regardless of class, gender, age, race, and religion. Individuals of the Christian faith are not immune to the disease of addiction.
Christianity is the most practiced religion in East Los Angeles, California. There are many different denominations within the Christian faith in East Los Angeles, California, such as Catholicism, Anglicanism, Evangelism, Non-Denominational, and many more. Although there are several different practices and views within the Christian faith in East Los Angeles, California, the core of this particular faith is the life and teachings of Jesus Christ. Christian-specific addiction treatment offers a safe environment for each of these denominations to treat their addiction with like-minded individuals while strengthening their faith.
One important benefit of Christian rehab in East Los Angeles, California is the friendships and togetherness it fosters. Due to clients being like-minded in terms of their spiritual beliefs, it gives them a bond individuals may not find at other substance abuse rehab centers.
Christian based rehab aims to lower issues individuals regularly experienced during treatment. Stress, a loss of hope, and loneliness are aspects of rehab. Having camaraderie with fellow patients at a Christian rehab center in East Los Angeles, California can make the treatment process much easier.
Christian rehab in East Los Angeles, California puts a high value on giving clients a safe environment with group support. A strong focus on fellowship strengthens a client’s moral resolve. It gives them a spiritual framework to resist drug or alcohol relapse.
Christian Based Therapy in East Los Angeles, California
Christian based therapy is also known as faith based therapy and incorporates spiritual and religious beliefs into the therapeutic process. The benefits of this approach include:
- Providing a sense of meaning and purpose to individuals who may be struggling with feelings of hopelessness or despair.
- Offering a holistic approach to mental health that addresses both emotional and spiritual needs.
- Creating a safe and non judgmental space for individuals to explore their beliefs and relationship with God or a higher power.
- Helping individuals find inner peace through the teachings of Christianity.
Not all individuals will find Christian based therapy beneficial and it may not be the best fit for everyone. It’s essential to find a therapist that you feel comfortable with and who aligns with your personal beliefs and values.
Studies have found religion promotes positive health benefits for rehab patients. Positive benefits include:
- Lowering anxiety
- A positive life outlook
- Healthy coping skills
- A greater ability to manage stress
- Lower relapse rates
A person’s motivation and hope for the future can be strengthened by religious beliefs. Life tools are also built and maintained in one of the Christian rehab centers in East Los Angeles, California, allowing clients to live without the dangers of addiction.
Learn more about Christian Counseling and how a faith based program of recovery can help here
All types of Rehab and Treatment in East Los Angeles, California
Eating Disorder Treatment Centers in East Los Angeles, California
East Los Angeles, California Wellness Centers
East Los Angeles, California Telehealth
Mental Health Retreats in East Los Angeles, California
Rehabilitation Center Near East Los Angeles, California
Depression Treatment Centers in East Los Angeles, California
Cost of Rehab in East Los Angeles, California
Suboxone Clinics in East Los Angeles, California
Anxiety Treatment Centers in East Los Angeles, California
Top Psychiatrists in East Los Angeles, California
State Funded Rehab Centers in East Los Angeles, California
Drug Rehabs in East Los Angeles, California
Online Rehab in East Los Angeles, California
Therapeutic Boarding Schools in East Los Angeles, California
Neurofeedback Therapy Near East Los Angeles, California
Teen Rehab in East Los Angeles, California
All Rehabs in East Los Angeles, California
Rehabs in East Los Angeles, California
Find the Best Rehabs all over the World
Christian Addiction Counselors in East Los Angeles, California
|Business Name||Rating||Categories||Phone Number||Address|
|REVIVE Detox and Addiction Treatment||Rehabilitation Center, Counseling & Mental Health, Addiction Medicine||+18444673848||360 N Vista St, Los Angeles, CA 90036|
|MedMark Treatment Centers Los Angeles||Rehabilitation Center, Counseling & Mental Health, Addiction Medicine||+13232420500||11900 Avalon Blvd, Ste 200, Los Angeles, CA 90061|
|Pax House Recovery||Rehabilitation Center, Counseling & Mental Health, Life Coach||+16263983897||2052 N Lake Ave, Ste F, Altadena, CA 91001|
|Casa Treatment Center||Rehabilitation Center, Counseling & Mental Health||+16267922770||160 N El Molino Ave, Pasadena, CA 91101|
|The Gooden Center||Rehabilitation Center, Counseling & Mental Health||+16263560078||191 N El Molino, Pasadena, CA 91101|
|New Life House Sober Living||Rehabilitation Center, Psychiatrists, Life Coach||+18883577577||4140 Artesia Blvd, Torrance, CA 90504|
|The Holistic Sanctuary||Rehabilitation Center, Naturopathic/Holistic, Counseling & Mental Health||+13106017805||1212 Wilshire Blvd, Beverly Hills, CA 90210|
|Launch Centers||Counseling & Mental Health, Rehabilitation Center||+14243841751||1849 Sawtelle Blvd, Ste 100, Los Angeles, CA 90025|
|Westwind Recovery||Rehabilitation Center, Counseling & Mental Health, Addiction Medicine||+18558464621||7966 Beverly Blvd, Ste 102, Los Angeles, CA 90048|
|Insight Treatment||Counseling & Mental Health, Rehabilitation Center||+16265421090||769 N Orange Grove Blvd, Pasadena, CA 91103|
12 Step Christian Rehab Centers in East Los Angeles, California
The 12 Steps are especially relevant and helpful for Christian faith based addiction recovery and many elements of the 12-Steps can be found in the Bible. At it’s heart, the 12-Steps are a Christian program of alcohol recovery, tracing their routes back to the Oxford Group.
Biblical Comparisons of the 12 Steps
- We admitted we were powerless over our addictions and compulsive behaviors. That our lives had become unmanageable.
(Romans 7:18 “I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.”
- Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
(Philippians 2:13 “For it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose.”)
- Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God.
(Romans 12:1 “Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God–this is your spiritual act of worship.”)
- Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
(Lamentations 3:40 “let us examine our ways and test them, and let us return to the LORD.”)
- Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being, the exact nature of our wrongs.
(James 5:16a “Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed.”)
- Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
(James 4:10 “Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.”)
- Humbly asked Him to remove all our shortcomings.
(1 John 1:9 “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.”)
- Made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all.
(Luke 6:31 “Do to others as you would have them do to you.”)
- Made direct amends to such people whenever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
(Matthew 5:23-24 “Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother; then come and offer your gift.”)
- Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong, promptly admitted it.
(1 Corinthians 10:12 “So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don’t fall.”)
- Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and power to carry that out.
(Colossians 3:16a “Let the Word of Christ dwell in you richly.”)
- Having had a spiritual experience as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to others, and practice these principles in all our affairs.
(Galatians 6:1 ‘Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. But watch yourself, or you also may be tempted.”)
References, Citations and Further Reading: Christian Rehab Centers in East Los Angeles, California
- Adlaf EM, Smart RG. Drug use and religious affiliation, feelings and behavior. Addiction. 1985;80(2):163–171. doi: 10.1111/j.1360-0443.1985.tb03267.x. [Google Scholar]
- Alcoholic Anonymous . Alcoholics Anonymous in your community. New York: Alcoholics Anonymous World Services Inc; 2018. [Google Scholar]
- Carrico AW, Storholm ED, Flentje A, Arnold EA, Pollack LM, Neilands TB, Kegeles SM, et al. Spirituality/religiosity, substance use, and HIV testing among young black men who have sex with men. Drug and Alcohol Dependence. 2017;174:106–112. doi: 10.1016/j.drugalcdep.2017.01.024. [Google Scholar]
- Cnaan RA, Forrest T, Carlsmith J, Kelsey K. If you don’t count it, it doesn’t count: A pilot study of valuing urban congregations. Journal of Management, Spirituality and Religion. 2013;10:3–36. doi: 10.1080/14766086.2012.758046.[Google Scholar]