- Title: Christian Rehab and Counseling in Alief, Texas
- Authored by Pin Ng PhD Edited by Hugh Soames Reviewed by Michael Por, MD
- Christian Faith Addiction Therapy in Alief, Texas: At Worlds Best Rehab, we strive to provide the most up-to-date and accurate medical information on the web so our readers can make informed decisions about their healthcare. Our subject matter experts specialize in addiction treatment and behavioral healthcare. We follow strict guidelines when fact-checking information and only use credible sources when citing statistics and medical information. Look for the badge on our articles for the most up-to-date and accurate information. If you feel that any of our content is inaccurate or out-of-date, please let us know via our Contact Page
- Disclaimer: The World’s Best Rehab Recovery Blog aims to improve the quality of life for people struggling with addiction and mental health concerns. We use fact-based content and publish material that is researched, cited, edited and reviewed by professionals. The information we publish is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. It should not be used in place of the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider. In a Medical Emergency contact the Emergency Services Immediately.
- Earnings: If you buy something through our ads or external links, we may earn a commission.
- Christian Faith Addiction Therapy in Alief, Texas © 2022 Worlds Best Rehab Publishing
- Connect with a Christian Counselor Right Now: FaithfulCounseling.com
Christian Rehab Centers in Alief, Texas
Christian Rehab Centers in Alief, Texas
Christian Counseling and Therapy in Alief, Texas - Low Cost - Christian Faith Based Therapy
Faithful Counseling is a specialized mental health service in Alief, Texas which allows users to connect with licensed therapists who share their Christian background. By combining biblical wisdom with clinical expertise in the field of mental health, the Faithfulcounseling.com therapists in Alief, Texas go above and beyond in inviting God into the conversation and developing practical plans to best meet the unique challenges that their clients are facing. The goal of Faithful Counseling is to holistically enhance clients wellbeing, so that they can be psychologically, emotionally, and spiritually well.
To ensure that we are providing the best possible experience to clients in Alief, Texas, the unique online platform of Faithful Counseling has a few advantages over traditional in-person therapy. At Faithful Counseling, you will have access to connect with your Christian therapist via scheduled video sessions and telephone calls, as well as unlimited texting with your therapist anytime. Users can connect through their computer, tablet, or smartphone, depending on their preferences. Faithfulcounseling works on a month-to-month membership basis, providing access to therapy in Alief, Texas at dramatically lower rates than traditional, face to face based fees.
Alief, Texas is in the midst of an acute alcohol and drug addiction crisis. Life-saving medicines and therapy are important components of addiction recovery in Alief, Texas. Along with the body and the mind, the spirit is also a central part of addiction treatment and has been for generations. Not only is faith important in primary rehab, yet also in the ongoing continuum of addiction health care in Alief, Texas.
It is abundantly clear clear that faith and spirituality in Alief, Texas are exceptionally powerful resources in substance abuse prevention and recovery.
The efficacy of faith includes not only the behaviors people engage in (or don’t engage in) because of their faith and the support people find in belonging to faith communities, but also people’s religious and spiritual beliefs themselves1https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6759672/.
What are Christian Rehab Centers in Alief, Texas?
In Alief, Texas, one of the treatment options available to you when seeking help from drug or alcohol abuse is a Christian based rehab facility. Faith and spirtuality can be powerful tools in the fight against addiction. Many individuals seeking help from addiction turn to God or a higher power to give them the strength to end substance abuse.
Christian rehab centers in Alief, Texas use the process of spiritual transformation to help clients gain freedom from drugs and alcohol. A Christian rehab in Alief, Texas uses the strength, support, and clarity provided by God to help clients work through the problems that are a part of recovery. With proper treatment and belief in a higher power, it is believed that anyone can overcome their addictions.
Christian Rehab Centers in Alief, Texas
Christian rehab in Alief, Texas is a type of drug and alcohol abuse treatment program that uses Christian values and teachings during the treatment process. In addition, the rehab provides support using clinical therapy models. By using these two elements, the treatments work in synergy and help clients maintain faith while navigating the difficult aspects of rehab.
You may be a fully-fledged Christian upon entering one of the Christian rehab centers in Alief, Texas or you may have lost your faith. Regardless, Christian rehab in Alief, Texas uses its ability to teach God’s word along with therapy to help clients recover from substance abuse. Christian rehab treatment programs in Alief, Texas may include the following elements:
- Bible study sessions in Alief, Texas
- Scripture readings
- A faith-based 12-step program
- Sermons on addiction and the Christian faith
- Daily prayers and reflection sessions
- Regular church services in Alief, Texas
- Ministerial and pastoral counseling
The treatment programs incorporate spiritual teachings and awareness. Many Christian treatment centers in Alief, Texas have priests, ministers, and other members of the clergy onsite and/or on staff. These church-based personnel work hand-in-hand with the doctors, psychiatrists and therapists at the rehab.
While clients undergo a number of church based Christian teachings in Alief, Texas, they also experience holistic therapy sessions including:
- Individual therapy and counseling
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Group therapy and counseling
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Life skills courses
- Relapse prevention classes
- Boundaries and relationship workshops
- Dual diagnosis treatment
What are the benefits of Christian Rehab Centers in Alief, Texas
Addiction in Alief, Texas is on the rise, with a 11% increase in drug and alcohol related deaths last year. Addiction is a chronic disease of the brain that does not discriminate. Drug and alcohol abuse affects people of all demographics in Alief, Texas, regardless of class, gender, age, race, and religion. Individuals of the Christian faith are not immune to the disease of addiction.
Christianity is the most practiced religion in Alief, Texas. There are many different denominations within the Christian faith in Alief, Texas, such as Catholicism, Anglicanism, Evangelism, Non-Denominational, and many more. Although there are several different practices and views within the Christian faith in Alief, Texas, the core of this particular faith is the life and teachings of Jesus Christ. Christian-specific addiction treatment offers a safe environment for each of these denominations to treat their addiction with like-minded individuals while strengthening their faith.
One important benefit of Christian rehab in Alief, Texas is the friendships and togetherness it fosters. Due to clients being like-minded in terms of their spiritual beliefs, it gives them a bond individuals may not find at other substance abuse rehab centers.
Christian based rehab aims to lower issues individuals regularly experienced during treatment. Stress, a loss of hope, and loneliness are aspects of rehab. Having camaraderie with fellow patients at a Christian rehab center in Alief, Texas can make the treatment process much easier.
Christian rehab in Alief, Texas puts a high value on giving clients a safe environment with group support. A strong focus on fellowship strengthens a client’s moral resolve. It gives them a spiritual framework to resist drug or alcohol relapse.
Studies have found religion promotes positive health benefits for rehab patients. Positive benefits include:
- Lowering anxiety
- A positive life outlook
- Healthy coping skills
- A greater ability to manage stress
- Lower relapse rates
A person’s motivation and hope for the future can be strengthened by religious beliefs. Life tools are also built and maintained in one of the Christian rehab centers in Alief, Texas, allowing clients to live without the dangers of addiction.
Learn more about Christian Counseling and how a faith based program of recovery can help here
All types of Rehab and Treatment in Alief, Texas
Eating Disorder Treatment Centers in Alief, Texas
Alief, Texas Wellness Centers
Alief, Texas Telehealth
Mental Health Retreats in Alief, Texas
Rehabilitation Center Near Alief, Texas
Depression Treatment Centers in Alief, Texas
Cost of Rehab in Alief, Texas
Suboxone Clinics in Alief, Texas
Anxiety Treatment Centers in Alief, Texas
Top Psychiatrists in Alief, Texas
State Funded Rehab Centers in Alief, Texas
Drug Rehabs in Alief, Texas
Online Rehab in Alief, Texas
Therapeutic Boarding Schools in Alief, Texas
Neurofeedback Therapy Near Alief, Texas
Teen Rehab in Alief, Texas
All Rehabs in Alief, Texas
Rehabs in Alief, Texas
Find the Best Rehabs all over the World
Worlds Best Rehab
Christian Addiction Counselors in Alief, Texas
|Business Name||Rating||Categories||Phone Number||Address|
|Unique Mind Care||Psychologists, Neurologist, Addiction Medicine||+17136601100||1776 Yorktown St, Ste 550, Houston, TX 77056|
|Westpark Springs||Counseling & Mental Health, Rehabilitation Center, Medical Centers||+18325352770||6902 S. Peek Rd, Richmond, TX 77407|
|Caldwell Counseling Center||Counseling & Mental Health||+18323266276||11999 Katy Fwy, Ste 530, Houston, TX 77079|
|PaRC Houston Intensive Outpatient Program||Rehabilitation Center||+18327811260||3043 Gessner Rd, Houston, TX 77080|
|Briarwood Detox||Rehabilitation Center, Counseling & Mental Health||+18326452907||1019 Ashland St, Houston, TX 77008|
|Renee Lederman, MPA, MA, LPC||Counseling & Mental Health||+18329693885||9575 Katy Fwy, Ste 291, Houston, TX 77024|
|The Heights Treatment||Counseling & Mental Health||+18773737040||3313 D’Amico St, Houston, TX 77019|
|Texas Clinic Fulton||Addiction Medicine||+17136948100||6311 Fulton St, Houston, TX 77022|
|Skyward Treatment Drug Rehabilitation IOP Center||Addiction Medicine, Naturopathic/Holistic, Counseling & Mental Health||+17135578573||11352 Sugar Park Ln, Sugarland, TX 77478|
|Sober Living Houston||Rehabilitation Center, Counseling & Mental Health, Life Coach||+17138589579||2215 Bauer Dr, Houston, TX 77080|
12 Step Christian Rehab Centers in Alief, Texas
The 12 Steps are especially relevant and helpful for Christian faith based addiction recovery and many elements of the 12-Steps can be found in the Bible. At it’s heart, the 12-Steps are a Christian program of alcohol recovery, tracing their routes back to the Oxford Group.
Biblical Comparisons of the 12 Steps
- We admitted we were powerless over our addictions and compulsive behaviors. That our lives had become unmanageable.
(Romans 7:18 “I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.”
- Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
(Philippians 2:13 “For it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose.”)
- Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God.
(Romans 12:1 “Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God–this is your spiritual act of worship.”)
- Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
(Lamentations 3:40 “let us examine our ways and test them, and let us return to the LORD.”)
- Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being, the exact nature of our wrongs.
(James 5:16a “Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed.”)
- Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
(James 4:10 “Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.”)
- Humbly asked Him to remove all our shortcomings.
(1 John 1:9 “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.”)
- Made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all.
(Luke 6:31 “Do to others as you would have them do to you.”)
- Made direct amends to such people whenever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
(Matthew 5:23-24 “Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother; then come and offer your gift.”)
- Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong, promptly admitted it.
(1 Corinthians 10:12 “So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don’t fall.”)
- Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and power to carry that out.
(Colossians 3:16a “Let the Word of Christ dwell in you richly.”)
- Having had a spiritual experience as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to others, and practice these principles in all our affairs.
(Galatians 6:1 ‘Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. But watch yourself, or you also may be tempted.”)
References, Citations and Further Reading: Christian Rehab Centers in Alief, Texas
- Adlaf EM, Smart RG. Drug use and religious affiliation, feelings and behavior. Addiction. 1985;80(2):163–171. doi: 10.1111/j.1360-0443.1985.tb03267.x. [Google Scholar]
- Alcoholic Anonymous . Alcoholics Anonymous in your community. New York: Alcoholics Anonymous World Services Inc; 2018. [Google Scholar]
- Carrico AW, Storholm ED, Flentje A, Arnold EA, Pollack LM, Neilands TB, Kegeles SM, et al. Spirituality/religiosity, substance use, and HIV testing among young black men who have sex with men. Drug and Alcohol Dependence. 2017;174:106–112. doi: 10.1016/j.drugalcdep.2017.01.024. [Google Scholar]
- Cnaan RA, Forrest T, Carlsmith J, Kelsey K. If you don’t count it, it doesn’t count: A pilot study of valuing urban congregations. Journal of Management, Spirituality and Religion. 2013;10:3–36. doi: 10.1080/14766086.2012.758046.[Google Scholar]