Best Alcohol Rehab Facilities
How to find the best alcohol rehab facilities for your needs
You have finally decided you need help with your alcohol addiction and are looking for the best alcohol rehab facilities. Perhaps things have got out of control and drink is the only aspect of life that feels normal. You may be just starting down a slippery slope as life spins out of control. Regardless of which category you fall into, you want to attend an alcohol rehab facility that is best suited for your needs.1https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4152944/
There are a large number of alcohol rehab facilities around the world today. However, it can be difficult to know which alcohol treatment center will enable you to recover from alcohol use. Making the decision to attend an alcohol rehab facility is not easy. In fact, it can be incredibly overwhelming.
Professional treatment can help you recover from the disease of alcoholism, but not all rehab centers offer the same experience. Some alcohol rehab facilities offer a one-size fits all program while others build a program around you. Once you take the major step of committing to an alcohol treatment program, you can decide on which type of rehab is best for your needs.
Why should you go to alcohol rehab?
Alcohol can take a strong hold onto your life. Quitting cold turkey or on your own can be incredibly difficult. Alcohol addicts often need professional help to get the treatment needed to end addiction. Professional alcohol treatment can enable long-term recovery.2https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1360883/
Not only can alcohol rehab provide you with long-term recovery and tools to prevent relapsing, but it offers a less dangerous way to end addiction. Alcohol addiction can be difficult to overcome and withdrawal can be dangerous when unsupervised. Alcohol withdrawal can also be deadly. Having a medical professional to oversee withdrawal not only gives you professional help, but allows you to have supervision.
Alcohol rehab facility level of care
Alcohol rehab facilities offer different levels of care. As previously mentioned, not all rehab facilities are the same nor do they provide the same amount of care. Before choosing an alcohol rehab center, you should consider a few aspects of your addiction:
- Level of current alcohol misuse
- Any co-occurring medical conditions
- Any co-occurring mental health issues
- Any drug dependency issues
- Previous attempts to quit alcohol
Medical professionals can help you find the right level of care needed. A rehab center will take into account all of the various complex issues a client has when admitting them for treatment.
Facilities of the Best Alcohol Rehab Centers
Most successful alcohol treatment options include:
What levels of care are provided by alcohol rehab facilities?
One of the main items provided by many alcohol rehab facilities is medical detox. Medical detox helps clients with symptoms of alcohol withdrawal. Alcohol can create a mental and physical dependence. Quitting without the help of professionals can make withdrawal worse and even, life threatening. Medical detox allows you to ease off of alcohol and remove the toxins from your body.
An inpatient treatment center is another option for alcohol recovery. These residential facilities are popular with clients seeking a cure from alcohol abuse. Inpatient treatment also teaches clients the tools needed to stay sober long-term. You may attend various therapies, classes, and other activities during a stay. Residential care programs last a minimum of 28 days3https://worldsbest.rehab/why-is-rehab-28-days/ and can continue on for over 90 days.
Clients can experience a day program for alcohol recovery courtesy of partial hospitalization. A partial hospital program (PHP) offers clients around four to five hours of care a day. Clients can return home after the treatment is finished.
Intensive outpatient programs (IOP) are also available to clients. These programs are great for individuals that do not need around the clock care or supervision. Clients can continue living and working outside of rehab, while attending a low number of therapy sessions per week.
The final alcohol rehab option is an outpatient program. This is a typical weekly or bi-weekly meeting in which clients can get help with their alcohol addiction.
The best alcohol treatment centers work with you
Not all alcohol treatment centers are the same. The best alcohol rehabs are those that build and customize an alcohol treatment program that best suits your needs. Treatment that is customized to the individual is the ideal way to treat addiction. Customized treatment helps a client complete a rehab program and complete their recovery. Individualized treatment also gives you the chance to learn tools that suit your life and stay sober in the future.
Why is a customized alcohol treatment plan the ideal way to recover from addition? Each individual has a different set of motivations. Clients in an alcohol treatment center all have different reasons for attending. Therefore, a successful alcohol rehab has to address each person’s individual motivations. By addressing each client individually, a rehab center can have a positive impact.
One of the most important aspects to consider when choosing an alcohol rehab, is its strategies for long-term sobriety. Too often, individuals attend alcohol rehab but fall back into the arms of drink was returning home. A high-quality rehab facility will give you the tools needed to continue sobriety long after leaving the facility. The rehab’s staff will teach you various techniques to continue recovery.
Where should you attend rehab?
There are a number of rehab facilities on the market today. These centers provide a variety of programs to individuals seeking recovery from alcohol abuse. One of the big questions that you may have is, where should you attend rehab? Due to the high volume of rehabs, you may have facilities nearby. However, you may choose to attend an alcohol treatment center in another state.
One of the most popular reason to attend an out-of-state rehab is due to it getting you away from triggers. Removing yourself from your usual life at home can improve your chances of recovery. Attending an out-of-state rehab is not always an option, however. Many states of high-quality rehab facilities and as long as it provides the treatment you need; you should find it to be a successful experience.
References: Best Alcohol Rehab Facilities
- American Society of Addiction Medicine. ASAM PPC-2R. Chevy Chase, MD: American Society of Addiction Medicine; 2001. ASAM Patient Placement Criteria for the Treatment of Substance-Related Disorders. [Google Scholar]
- Schneider R, Mittelmeier C, Gadish D. Day versus inpatient treatment for cocaine dependence: an experimental comparison. The Journal of Mental Health Administration. 1996;23:234–245. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Bentley A. Best Alcohol Rehab Facilities in Florida 2020 [Worlds Best Rehab]
- Witbrodt J, Bond J, Kaskutas LA, et al. Day hospital and residential addiction treatment: randomized and nonrandomized managed care clients. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology. 2007;75:947–959. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Finney JW, Hahn AC, Moos RH. The effectiveness of inpatient and outpatient treatment for alcohol abuse: the need to focus on mediators and moderators of setting effects. Addiction. 1996;91:1773–1796. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Emrick CD. A review of psychologically oriented treatment of alcoholism: the relative effectiveness of different treatment approaches and the effectiveness of treatment versus no treatment. Journal of Studies on Alcohol. 1975;36:88–108. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Finney JW, Moos RH, Wilbourne PL. Effects of treatment setting, duration, and amount on patient outcomes. In: Ries RK, Fiellin DA, Miller SC, et al., editors. Principles of Addiction Medicine. 4th. Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer/Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2009. pp. 379–386. [Google Scholar]
- Petry NM, Alessi SM, Hanson T. Contingency management improves abstinence and quality of life in cocaine abusers. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology. 2007;75:307–315. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Cartwright WS. “Cost-benefit Analysis of Drug Treatment Services: Review of the Literature.” Journal of Mental Health Policy and Economics. 2000;3(1):11–26. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Bentley A. Best Alcohol Rehab Facilities in California 2020 [Worlds Best Rehab]
- McLellan AT, Grissom GR, Zanis D, Randall M, Brill P, O’Brien CP. “Problem–Service ‘Matching’ in Addiction Treatment.” Archives of General Psychiatry. 1997;54(8):730–5. [PubMed] [Google Scholar
- Sindelar JL, Manning WG. “Cost-Benefit and Cost-effectiveness Analysis: Issues in the Evaluation of the Treatment of Illicit Drug Abuse.” In: Egertson JA, Fox DM, Leshner AI, editors. Treating Drug Abusers Effectively. Malden, MA: Blackwell; 1997. pp. 187–221. [Google Scholar]